road flares, branching out of the ruins

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery road flares, branching out of the ruins

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

So the nights are too dark to play out late, but not dark enough yet for serious night photography. And the skies have been crappy and overcast. What’s an easily-distracted photographer to do?

Head out to some favorite day spots with flares, to see what sort of images might result.

soosh
    Participant

staplermofo
    Participant

That’s it, I’m mailing you a crazed hobo.

jpatten
    Participant

some very cool pictures!

linguine
    Participant

Great shots, I really love the 2nd shot in your 2nd post.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, good stuff. I love love love the orange flare silhouetting the trees. Excellent choice for the silhouette theme.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Filters? Different colored flares?

soosh
    Participant

Filters? Different colored flares?

Photoshop Channel Mixer.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You mentioned that you didn’t feel comfy submitting stuff you’d tweaked a lot with channel mixer, but we’ve considered that fair game for b/w conversion for a long time, and I wouldn’t necessarily see the color version as out of bounds for the current rules.

soosh
    Participant

You mentioned that you didn’t feel comfy submitting stuff you’d tweaked a lot with channel mixer, but we’ve considered that fair game for b/w conversion for a long time, and I wouldn’t necessarily see the color version as out of bounds for the current rules.

Good to know. I really like the shot with the yellow/green glow, and hope to use it at some point.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘road flares, branching out of the ruins’ is closed to new replies.