SaLoDiDa

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Same Location Different Day

We all have our favorite spots to return to time and time again. Locations that are photogenic under various conditions. Show us three images of the same location on different days or significantly different times of day. Images do not have to be taken from the exact same vantage point but should display roughly similar views of the same subject matter.

When posting multiple images they may not appear in sequence if other Farkers are posting at the same time. An option to keep images grouped would be posting diptychs or triptychs.

orionid
    Participant

We’ve done special exceptions before allowing multiple photos in the same post.

+3/4

QueenMab
    Participant

+1

Although I’d rather keep the photos separate, unless you intend for them to be voted on as a group. In which case, would we then submit three sets of three?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So this was never scheduled, and it actually could make a good theme. Would it work to require entries to be combined photos as diptychs, so then each person would have a max of 3 entries but each entry would be a combination of 2 photos? I think the original spirit was to be able to compare the place at different times, and that just isn’t going to work unless the photos are together.

CiliarySpasm
    Participant

> I think the original spirit was to be able to compare the place at different times, and that just isn’t going to work unless the photos are together.

Which is what I realized after I posted the suggestion. And how to handle comparison images with up to 3 entries in the theme…and if comparing one submission to the next there would surely be an instance or two of submissions from one person interloping between the submissions of another. Simply put, the concept has issues for the Farktography format.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

But we’ve allowed multiple images in a single post before as a specific theme exception. Would you be good with that? 2 pictures in one post might be less unwieldy than 3….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘SaLoDiDa’ is closed to new replies.