SB600

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware SB600

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

broke down and bought a used SB600 off ebay. cost $150 which was low for ebay. flash, the cheap cover diffuser and case. and as a bonus it arrived with good batteries installed.

using the flash manual and the D7000 manual i wasn’t able to get the flash to fire remotely. that was a big buying point and i was disappointed. but hey the google came through with a really easy tutorial by a wedding photographer. it’s actually pretty simple once you know how.

so i too now have a fancy flash and will be wowing people with my flash photography. 🙂

orionid
    Participant

Nice!

Barracuda
    Participant

Sweet, still working to figure out all the ins-and-outs of my 430exII that I bought like 2 years ago – which gauging roughly by MSRP would be the equivalent Canon flash. Just last night finally tried the remote flash triggering for an upcoming shoot I have this weekend.

caradoc
    Participant

The main problem people run into with the SB600 and D7000 pop-up flash is that they go into the D7000 menu and set the pop-up to Commander, get the settings configured, and forget to press the “OK” button at the end thereby canceling all of the changes.

Set the SB600 as Group A, channel 3, and then set the pop-up flash as Commander (menu e3) on channel 3, with Group A set for “TTL.” Set the Built-In flash to Mode “–” if you don’t want it to show up in the image as well.

Make sure the sensor on the flash is pointed in a useful direction. It’s the circular “window” on the side of the flash next to the battery compartment. Useful range is 30-50 feet depending on lighting conditions (sunlight directly on the sensor window is a range-killer.)

In many cases, aiming the sensor at the subject will get you more than enough bounced signal for the SB600 to fire under the D7000’s control.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘SB600’ is closed to new replies.