Scanning a large quanity of negs

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Scanning a large quanity of negs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    manray
    Participant

I have a bunch of negatives that I want to get scanned from a trip overseas, about 30 rolls or so. Although I have a film scanner, it does not scan at a resolution I would like for archiving, and I don’t want to spend all of my spare time in the next few weeks scanning photographs.

I am looking around for a scanning service that will do the job in bulk, ending up with the photos on CD or DVD. I did some checking around but quickly realized I have no idea what to look for to make sure I am getting a decent deal. I was wondering if anyone here might have a recommendation of a place they have experience with. Quality and then price are my considerations.

Thanks

3Horn
    Participant

You’re probably better off picking up one of the HP scanners with a slide feeder and doing it yourself.

chakalakasp
    Participant

Agreed — get a dedicated slide scanner (Nikon is the best, but modern Canoscans are good too). Slide all your negs, then sell the scanner on Ebay. The scanners tend to have a very strong resale value, especially the Nikon gear.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Scanning a large quanity of negs’ is closed to new replies.