Server Error

Forums Forums News Bibliostats Server Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m getting a Runtime Error on the page for this week’s contest (Summer Daze), just FYI

ravnostic
    Participant

I got that sporadically last week; I noticed it in Firefox, but not Chrome or IE.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Sorry about that, it was a problem with the new Scarlet R tab. I didn’t take into consideration the fact that when both duplicated entries are in the same contest, it might not be the most recent entry that gets deleted.

Duplicate entries in the same contest happen when someone mis-posts and the link shows up as text (which the scraper will still interpret as a valid entry as long as voting is enabled) and then re-posts the same thing correctly as an image.

It should be fixed now so let me know if you see it again.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ahhh that makes sense. I’m now getting the server error trying to go to individual contestant pages, but the contest page is fine. I can click on names from the contest page and get to their listing, but can’t enter them directly from the main page. Related?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I can’t duplicate that one in either IE, Chrome or Firefox. Can you try doing a full-refresh on the main page (ctrl-F5 in IE, not sure about others)? Does it fail on every username you enter or just certain ones? Something else you can try is to delete all cookies from the bibliostats domain. Cookies are only used to remember what tab you last visited, so nothing is really lost if you delete them.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Did a full and it seems fine now, sorry for the false alarm! Also just realized you have a bug reports thread I probably should have put this in!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Server Error’ is closed to new replies.