Shiny new lens

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Shiny new lens

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    staplermofo
    Participant

I picked up a Jupiter-11 and an m39 to m42 adapter and an m42 to EF adapter and I merrily assumed the best.

I sorta kinda maybe forgot that, you know, since it’s a rangefinder lens, and those might sit a bit closer to the film than they do on my slr, that, you know, maybe…

So, I sorta kinda have an extension tube built into the lens.
    Anyone know how I can some of my focal range back?

It’s got 12 aperture blades, so the out of focus area is very pleasing, I just wish there was less of it.
    Anyone know why they started putting fewer aperture blades in? I’ve been looking at old m42 lenses and it seems like all of them came with like 8~12 of them.

(note: this is what happens when people who are drawn to shiny objects have debit cards)

staplermofo
    Participant

In my defense, I would like to stress that it’s just as shiny as I hoped.

sleeping
    Participant

Anyone know why they started putting fewer aperture blades in? I’ve been looking at old m42 lenses and it seems like all of them came with

Aperture automation, I think – RF lenses and old SLR ones weren’t stopped down to shooting aperture automatically by the camera so closing and opening rapidly wasn’t an issue.

I have a Canon 85mm F1.8 in M39 that has something like 19 or 20 blades…

Micro 4/3rds looks like it may be an interesting platform for old RF lenses – there’s a leica M adapter, so you can use screwmount RF lenses with an M39 – M adapter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Shiny new lens’ is closed to new replies.