Simple shooting checklist

Forums Forums Get Technical Tips & Tricks Simple shooting checklist

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

W – I – F – E.

White Balance
    ISO
    Focus Mode
    Exposure Compensation

Will prevent most of the things that screw up photographs in the digital age.

Do you have a checklist?

andyofne
    Participant

W – I – F – E.

White Balance
    ISO
    Focus Mode
    Exposure Compensation

Will prevent most of the things that screw up photographs in the digital age.

Do you have a checklist?

Yes, only step one says “Hand camera to professional”

soosh
    Participant

shoot RAW, never worry about white balance again.

SilverStag
    Participant

I do shoot raw- every time. But I do try to get it right as much as I can for the time that I will forget I’m not shooting raw 🙂

soosh
    Participant

I seriously have never messed with the white balance setting on my camera. I leave it on auto and adjust post-process.

SilverStag
    Participant

Most of the time I leave mine on auto as well… but there are times when I deliberately skew it (uneven lighting, mixed lighting) one way or the other. Small adjustments I do in post, usually in camera raw.

soosh
    Participant

I love the color temperature setting in RAW post-processing with Canon’s software. It’s like suddenly having every hue filter ever made all on one slidebar.

SilverStag
    Participant

That was my experience with Camera Raw (Nikon’s software notoriously s.u.c.k.s)- The only filters I use now are ND , Grad, and CP.

soosh
    Participant

I used to love CP and ND/Grad filters, but I don’t think I have used one in a couple of years. I don’t know why, it just never occurs to me to put them on, but I carry them everywhere.

staplermofo
    Participant

I have a check list of cuss words for when I notice I don’t have a versatile, currently-usable camera on my person.
    I also use it when trying to command the earth to rotate back a couple degrees for a minute while I get the shot. I just finished the Oriya section. One of these is bound to work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Simple shooting checklist’ is closed to new replies.