sizing of flikr pics

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk sizing of flikr pics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    harpo
    Participant

I’m looking for advice from my fellow flikr liters. I just have the free membership so the biggest picture flikr will show is 1000 pxls wide. But if I upload a 1000 pxl width picture the ‘medium’ picture option is only for 500 pixels wide. Since the weekly contest allows a 640 width I’d like to be able to make the ‘medium’ option a 640 width I can post to fark but make the ‘large’ option 1000 width so somebody can click on my 640 width pic and have the option to view it at 1000.
    Does anyone know if that’s possible? If not, is it even possible with the paid membership?

sleeping
    Participant

You can do it, but you have to upload 2 versions of the photo – one that’s 640px wide, and the large one. Then edit the HTML flickr gives you so that the IMG tag is pointing to the 640 version and the link is pointing to the large version.

harpo
    Participant

Well I guess possible but tedious is better than not possible at all! Thanks for the info.

SilverStag
    Participant

I sometimes will host a 640 px version on some of my private webspace, link to the Flickr page and use my 640 version as the IMG in the Flickr link I copied and pasted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘sizing of flikr pics’ is closed to new replies.