So I went to the Ozarks for a week…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery So I went to the Ozarks for a week…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

…and all I shot was one steenkin’ panorama.

(larger here, at 1/4 size…full rez is about 16000×3500)

linguine
    Participant

very nice pano

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Where is that, chup? Agree with ‘guine, that’s a nice one, on par with your usual high pano standards. Is there some light tone mapping in there as well?

chupathingie
    Participant

Thanks, folks 🙂 Yeah, there is some tonemapping going on… I’ve not settled on how I really want to treat the final for print yet. This image is a blend of the original photo and a tonemapped version. If I can stretch out details in the fog without tonemapping, I’ll go that route… but the fog was the focus, so whatever it takes to bring out the wispies.

I took the series the day I left my folks’ house last saturday, just across the river from Cotter, Arkansas (north central part of the state) maybe an hour after dawn. I’ve always wanted a shot of that stretch of river, and was very surprised to find a break in the fog between the bridges when I drove by… and man, did I botch that shoot! 😆 Got in a rush and shot in AV instead of manual. There’s a massive gradient across all the subs. Still, tho, there may be some contest material in there… the singles look pretty decent, especially the sun streaking through the fog behind the RR trestle.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘So I went to the Ozarks for a week…’ is closed to new replies.