some recent night shots

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery some recent night shots

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

Bought a few lenses and a new body. really cool lenses from china/korea available cheap on amazon if you do some poking around. I found some lenses marketed under the Rokinon brand for crazy low prices, some of these show some shots from my $289 fisheye.

staplermofo
    Participant

By any chance, did you get the 85mm or 800mm?

soosh
    Participant

By any chance, did you get the 85mm or 800mm?

I did get the 85mm f/1.4. It’s pretty awesome.

staplermofo
    Participant

I did get the 85mm f/1.4. It’s pretty awesome.

9 words… 1/111 of the way there.

chupathingie
    Participant

wow, those long exposures really make for a fantasy sky. Hard to pick a favorite.

Was that fisheye one of these, by any chance? They’re sold under several brand names…neat thing about them is that they’re marketed as EF-S, but function on EF mounts…

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Nice shots! A friend of mine just got that same fisheye, and I just got the Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, and I am all sorts of impressed.

soosh
    Participant

wow, those long exposures really make for a fantasy sky. Hard to pick a favorite.

Was that fisheye one of these, by any chance? They’re sold under several brand names…neat thing about them is that they’re marketed as EF-S, but function on EF mounts…

that’s the very one.

I’m really wanting the 35mm f/1.4 now.

sleeping
    Participant

So did I until they said they were releasing a 24/1.4 in a few weeks. MMmmmm…..

soosh
    Participant

So did I until they said they were releasing a 24/1.4 in a few weeks. MMmmmm…..

hmm. I’ve already got a sigma 20mm f/1.8 that’s crazy good for night shots. I still want the 35mm length in f/1.4.

sleeping
    Participant

I was thinking of the 24/1.4 as a replacement for my Sigma 28/1.8; the sigma is not that great a performer wide open, and 24mm is my favorite focal length for a wideangle prime….

chupathingie
    Participant

that’s the very one.

I LOVE that fish-eye. Mine looks a bit aborted, I had to cut the shield off and I wasn’t exactly artisan about it. It’s over 180? on a full-frame, with a not quite circular image circle. 3 frames easily cover a full 360?x180? panorama. In daylight stopped down the depth of field is WAY wide. I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to lay the camera on its back in the middle of a field while a storm rolls in, but we haven’t had much storm action and what we have had I’ve been badly timed for.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘some recent night shots’ is closed to new replies.