Something for any budding astrophotographers…

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Something for any budding astrophotographers…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

Part one of 5. Dealing with signal/noise ratio. Lots of reading, but good info.

Farktographer
    Participant

Found my new night-time reading 😀

lokisbong
    Participant

That’s not that much reading. very interesting though.

chupathingie
    Participant

That’s not that much reading. very interesting though.

It’s funny. I won’t think twice about picking up a novel that’s 1000 pages, but if the scroll bar on the right of a browser is shorter than 1/2″ it becomes “a long read”. 😆

lokisbong
    Participant

I guess my love of reading and learning new stuff has over powered my short attention span issues. 8)

chupathingie
    Participant

Just realized that part one doesn’t directly link to the other parts.
    Here’s the rest. Part four is labeled “Image Sampling”, the rest have the parts labeled; interspersed with other articles by the same author.

lokisbong
    Participant

Excellent.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

While some of the terminology isn’t exactly what I’d use, this IS a pretty good guide to SNR for photographers. I’m actually putting together a guide like this myself for the G+ astrophotography101 course.

chupathingie
    Participant

Plama, if you really want to dig into some research, the imaging forums at that site are chock-full of information with everything from webcams to CMOS to CCD along with all manner of processing software. WARNING: mention your place of employment and you’re gonna have a lot of new friends…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Something for any budding astrophotographers…’ is closed to new replies.