stitching

Forums Forums Get Technical Tips & Tricks stitching

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

anyone have any suggestions for software for stitching photos? Doesn’t have to be free…. but not 1,000 either…

Thanks.

Analogy
    Participant
    Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

thanks! I also found one called Pixtra PanoStitch… which worked ok, but I am hoping I can find something better.

Morningbreath
    Participant

casio has great stitching software that I use, it was free with my camera purchase, but I would think you could just download it from their site.

Morningbreath
    Participant

cannon, I meant cannon

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

You mean CANON? 😀

Morningbreath
    Participant

yes, I meant canon. now if I could only get my Nikkkon software to work.

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

I hear that nikkkon software can hang your OS if you don’t watch out… *booo hissssssss

thanks for the help though people…

staplermofo
    Participant

It’s spelled “キヤノン.”
    Get with it already!

(You can edit your own posts, right?)

allegory
    Participant

I’ve used both the canon software and autostitch, and I prefer autostitch.

I usually do one stitch with the default settings just to make sure it’s going to work out well, and then edit the options, most important being scale (otherwise you’ll end up with a tiny photo with no details).

corsec67
    Participant

Hugin is a pretty good piece of software I use to do stitching. One problem with it is that if you do “autostiching” with it, it loves to grab points in clouds and nearby ground for matching between photos. But, that is easy to fix when matching stuff in photos, so that isn’t a big problem.

jpatten
    Participant

Hmmm I like what I saw with autostich so far… I need to try some more pics with it and see how it does… I did a sweep around the living room and it worked well

corsec67
    Participant

Hmmm I like what I saw with autostich so far… I need to try some more pics with it and see how it does… I did a sweep around the living room and it worked well

One problem you have to look out for is that close stuff will tend to have parallax errors, unless you have a panorama head tuned to your camera. This is actually easier on a smaller sensor since the parallax error will be smaller.

Other things to keep constant are the exposure, focus, focal length, whitebalance. It is also important to prevent lens flare. (You might know this, but sometimes I forget to set all of that on my camera and have problems stitching it later, especially the white balance which Hugin has problems compensating for. exposure can easily be compensated for)

Here is one stitch I did last summer, in IR as well.

jpatten
    Participant

well due to the size of our living room ALL kinds of parallax issues

jpatten
    Participant

but as proof of concept it works

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘stitching’ is closed to new replies.