The Bastid (TM)

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware The Bastid (TM)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

It also has a fun sort of cross-generational appeal when I take out one or several antiques. Knowing that 40, 50, or even 75 years ago, someone else was taking photos with the exact same camera that I am now is kind of neat.

i have my mom’s Argus that she took to Egypt and surrounding areas in the early 1930s. i have only shot a couple of rolls with it. one was a transit of the panama canal in 1962 but unfortunately i got the focus wrong on the whole roll. i keep meaning to get it out and use it but ….. well it’s not high on my list. both the rolleiflex and the 4×5 speed graphic haven’t been used since i lost the use of a darkroom in 1978.

and except for imaging myself as a fedora wearing photo journalist i’ve never given much thought to who less used them. i just enjoyed the craft involved.

ravnostic
    Participant

Hey, guess what I just came across at an estate sale (along with some other things). I don’t think it’s ever been used. Came with instruction book, warranty card, order form for 3-d processing, mailing instruction card, and a sample 3-d print (which is actually pretty cool.)

This will be fun! Probably won’t get to it till after the holidays, though.

orionid
    Participant

If you do use it as-is, there’s a few other companies I found online that’ll make the lenticular prints.

Otherwise, have fun kitbashing!

ravnostic
    Participant

I can get another for cheap online. I think I’d rather bastidize (TM Orionid) it. After all, I have the instructions right here…

soosh
    Participant

yeah, I might have to try to make one of those myself. I love those shots you’re getting, orionid

orionid
    Participant

yeah, I might have to try to make one of those myself. I love those shots you’re getting, orionid

Thanks! I’m actually itching to take this one back out and play with it more, myself.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘The Bastid (TM)’ is closed to new replies.