Skip to toolbar

The Grand ol’ Duke of York…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery The Grand ol’ Duke of York…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

Had my first day trip in the UK and wandered around York for a few hours. The city’s been around since 71 A.D., so it’s fascinating to find the history involved there, from when Vikings ruled it, to when the Romans took over, and the more Gothic style present today.

Anyways, I know I’ve been MIA for the past few weeks. I’m hoping I’ve finally adjusted and can get back into contests soon. That means waking up at 5 in the morning on Thursdays to post, but I’m hoping to be settled in well enough that it won’t bother me to do so.

Clifford’s Tower

Back of Minster

Rock to Rock

York Panorama

Chimneys

As always, any tips would be appreciated 🙂

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Wow, it really does put our (i.e., USA’s) “ancient history” in perspective, doesn’t it? Our revolutionary war sites are still only less than 300 years old.

And I’d be happy to OBO for you anytime you can’t make your 5AM, Farktographer. (That’d be EVERY time for me as about the only time I see 5AM is from the other side. :))

Uranus
    Participant

Wow, it really does put our (i.e., USA’s) “ancient history” in perspective, doesn’t it? Our revolutionary war sites are still only less than 300 years old.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6hijsqO8H0

Lol! Reminds me of something I read once about the difference between America & Europe – In America, 100 years is considered old, and in Europe, 100 miles (or 160km in moon units ;)) is considered a long distance.

orionid
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6hijsqO8H0

Lol! Reminds me of something I read once about the difference between America & Europe – In America, 100 years is considered old, and in Europe, 100 miles (or 160km in moon units ;)) is considered a long distance.

CSB time, in cliff notes.

My sub pulled into Brest, France. It was a six hour drive to Paris, so we went. On the way back, we got stopped by the Gendarmarie because we had “out of area” license plates. One of them told us we should have taken a plane.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Great to see you’re settling in, Farktographer. Looks like you could corner the market on castle shots, there! I quite like the first one, the composition is quite pleasing.

orionid
    Participant

Oh yeah. Nice shots, too!

Pickerel
    Participant

Enjoy the closeup on the “Rock to Rock” shot, getting the texture of the castle wall as well as more of the castle further out too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.