The Holga Pool

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Pollage The Holga Pool

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

Earlier this week I received the Farkolga from Kestrana. Today I shot the first roll with it (Ilford HP4 plus, for the interested,)

It’s been 35 years since I used a rangefinder camera. The Holga has a lens cap. It also doesn’t give very good feedback about shutter clicks, etc. More than once I found myself looking at the camera and wondering: Did I take the lens cap off the last time? Did I remember to advance the film?

So here’s the pool:

Let’s see if the hive predicts how many usable frames out of 12 I’ll get. I plan to send the film to the lab tomorrow (June 22)

sleeping
    Participant

It’s been 35 years since I used a rangefinder camera.

You’re not suggesting that it has anything as sophisticated as a rangefinder on it? I don’t even know if the scale focusing mechanism they do have really does much…

orionid
    Participant

I gave you some benefit of the doubt. When I first opened the box, I had never seen medium format film before. I had to google it.

SilverStag
    Participant

It’s been 35 years since I used a rangefinder camera.

You’re not suggesting that it has anything as sophisticated as a rangefinder on it? I don’t even know if the scale focusing mechanism they do have really does much…

It’s supposed to focus? Oh, crap.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, on a Holga, “focus” is kind of a misnomer anyway.

orionid
    Participant

You might not find the focus, but you can definitely find the not focus.

nobigdeal
    Participant

You focus by not forgetting to take the lens cap off!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘The Holga Pool’ is closed to new replies.