The most recentest of Mauna Kea Observing Runs

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery The most recentest of Mauna Kea Observing Runs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Plamadude30k
    Participant

Well, now that it’s over, I can post a complete set of photos from this past week’s observing run. I had a great time, and I think I got some excellent captures. See for yourself:

Volcano and Stars:

Sunset outside the CSO:

In the shadow of the Mountain:

UH88 Sunset:

UKIRT Sunset:

Andromeda Galaxy:

Subaru Laser Guide Star AO/Star Trails:

A Keck-ey Sunrise:

All these, and many more are on my Picasa page here at full size.

Kestrana
    Participant

Wow some real stunners in there Plama good work!

chupathingie
    Participant

It still amazes me that M31 is so bright that it shows up so prominantly even untracked. Nice shots!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Awesome shots, plama. And I don’t think you even posted the best of the lot here. The Subaru Laser is really cool. And I could easily see this one accompanying a magazine article on the observatories.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Awesome shots, plama. And I don’t think you even posted the best of the lot here. The Subaru Laser is really cool. And I could easily see this one accompanying a magazine article on the observatories.

Yeah, I’m oddly proud of that one. It was one of those weird ‘see it, snap it’ kinda situations as we were going in to the telescope to open up in the evening.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘The most recentest of Mauna Kea Observing Runs’ is closed to new replies.