Timer Remote and Angle Finder

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Timer Remote and Angle Finder

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

Wanted to report on two items I recently bought on eBay from China.

First is the Seagull Angle finder. Canon’s is $180. This one is $36. Comes with adapters for all sorts of cameras. 1x or 2.5x magnification. Diopter adjustment. Rotating eyepiece. Awesome buy. Build quality is excellent.

Next is the Yongnuo Timer remote. Canon’s is $136.95. This one is $39.95. Sets delay, exposure time, interval between shots, and number of shots. You can set this thing for 0s to 99 hrs 59 min 59 sec in one second increments, 1 to 399 shots. Nice quality, simple enough interface. Will be interesting to see how it does in the cold.

The seller’s name on eBay is jiakgong. Shipping was fast and inexpensive.

schnee
    Participant

Can the timer remote be used to auto-bracket exposures based on exposure time? Something like -2,-1,0,1,2 EVs? I’m thinking for massively easy huge HDRs.

soosh
    Participant

I don’t think so, no. Like I don’t think you can set it to take a 1 minute exposure, then a 2 minute, then a three minute, but maybe I haven’t delved into it enough. I got it mostly to be able to set up for a set exposure without having to constantly watch my watch while I’m sitting out in the dark.

However, if you set it up to take six exposures and set up auto-bracketing on the camera, maybe that would work, I don’t know. I’ve never really messed with auto-bracket stuff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Timer Remote and Angle Finder’ is closed to new replies.