Skip to toolbar

two and a half hours, two frames

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery two and a half hours, two frames

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

ok, granted one hour was wasted because I took a 25 minute exposure of my lens cap which was followed by a 25 minute dark frame noise reduction.

8 minute exposure. sodium-vapor lights reflected on low clouds. blueish-purple light provided by revolving airport beacon. Sitting there, it was mostly completely dark with just a bit of yellow light in the clouds.

this one is a 25 minute exposure, which accounts for the blur on the icebergs in the lake and on the trees and the fact that i fell asleep during the taking of the photo.

SilverStag
    Participant

Sleeping at the shutter. Tsk Tsk.

Beautiful job, man.

soosh
    Participant

That’s nothing. I fell asleep sitting on a rock waiting for the dark frame to finish while taking this picture

and woke up four hours later at dawn, covered in frost, barely able to move I was so damned cold.

photography. hard work.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

That’s awesome, I’ll have to try that. Who knows, I might even get a noise free shot of streetlight lit smog… L.A. sucks in natural beauty department compared to Alaska.

soosh
    Participant

It’s amazing what you can do with light pollution and the right kind of sky. This one is all city lights.

NoticeablyF.A.T.
    Participant

I’d have a decent night shot from the top of Mount Morrison that I took last Saturday, but I had a bit of a cognitive flatulence on Sunday. After heading down to the lake and shooting the last few frames on the roll I opened the camera, closed it, rewound the film, reopened the camera knowing there was no way the roll was going to come out. I was right 🙁

jpatten
    Participant

That has to suck.. There is so much light pollution around here sometimes I think Im lucky to see Jupiter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.