Ubuntu 11.10

Forums Forums Get Technical Software Ubuntu 11.10

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

Anyone tried it yet?

I loaded it up just because I couldn’t seem to get multimonitor working right in 10.10 and 11.04. I never even made it past realizing that the twits at Canonical are doing their damnedest to kill off gnome. WTF is this Unity crap? It looks like a tablet PC. I have a mouse, I want to use it. They put a fallback to “classic gnome” in the repo, but I couldn’t even get glipper added to the panel.

What a disaster. I’m back up with 10.04.3LTS, multimon is working properly, and I don’t see me staying with Ubuntu if they think they’re going shake up paradigms with regards to how a desktop PC is used.

grrrr.

linguine
    Participant

I’ve been using 11.10 for a month or so now, I’ve been reasonably happy with it after switching back to gnome classic although I may switch back to kubuntu or give xubuntu a try the next time I upgrade. I agree that Unity is a horrible abomination that needs to go away though.

soosh
    Participant

I can’t stand the recent versions of Ubuntu or Mint. I’ve been using Mint 10 now for a while and consider it to be a pretty good ubuntu-based distro.

Curious
    Participant

i started to put ubuntu 11.10 on a machine for a friend and gave up. wiped the hard drive and put a copy of XP Pro instead. someone i know had an extra license i could use.

my old triple boot won’t run anything after 9.10 which is really weird for ubuntu.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Ubuntu 11.10’ is closed to new replies.