Using the wrong ISO setting

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Using the wrong ISO setting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NoticeablyF.A.T.
    Participant

Let’s say (hypothetically, of course) that last night I put in a roll of 200 in my camera and left it set to 400. What would the consequences doing that be? I am shooting with a Konica FT-1 if that makes any difference.

andyofne
    Participant

Let’s say (hypothetically, of course) that last night I put in a roll of 200 in my camera and left it set to 400. What would the consequences doing that be? I am shooting with a Konica FT-1 if that makes any difference.

Back in my film days, I usually told the clerk at the photo counter exactly what you said and they would compensate for it during development.

sleeping
    Participant

If you were shooting slide film, you’ll need to have it push processed one stop to get usable results (these days, this generally would mean sending it to a pro lab).

With negative film you might be able to get away with having it processed normally, but it will probably come out quite flat and grainy. It’s possible to push negative film as well as slide, but again you’d need to find a pro lab to do it, automated minilabs don’t generally have that capability.

U-Man
    Participant

What is film? Sounds like you might damage your sensor if you put it inside your camera.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Using the wrong ISO setting’ is closed to new replies.