Venus returns to the morning sky

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Venus returns to the morning sky

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I tried to capture it yesterday when it was slightly bigger, but it was another degree closer to the sun and I failed to find it. This morning I dun bettar.

Venus is currently about as close as it’s going to get during this pass round the sun, and shines as a crescent just 30x smaller than the diameter of the moon (a whopping arc-minute across, or 60.39 arc seconds). It’s crescent is easy to see, even with my tamron 300mm lens rather than my scope, which is many miles away and not accessible to me at the moment. It would also be evident in binoculars. But try to check it out soon; in just 3 weeks, it will be 3/4 it’s current viewing diameter.

For comparison, a shot of the moon this morning under the same conditions/timing. While a little difficult to find today, in the next week Venus will become prominently visible in the morning sky, rising a couple degrees higher (i.e. a few minutes earlier) each day. Shots have been cropped, but elsewise are un-tweeked.

ravnostic
    Participant

Here’s a collage with yesterday’s moon, which was a bit brighter. Venus is about 18 pixels broad, which translates to about 3 arc seconds per pixel.

//Gets off soapbox, heads to bed.

orionid
    Participant

Here’s a collage with yesterday’s moon, which was a bit brighter. Venus is about 18 pixels broad, which translates to about 3 arc seconds per pixel.

//Gets off soapbox, heads to bed.

….I can tell by the pixels…..

ravnostic
    Participant

….I can tell by the pixels…..

Who’da thunk I’d be labeling you a size queen?

Orionid: Size queen.

Just sayin’.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yes, I do have very large breasts.

And you should have taken a picture of your soapbox for Defunct.

ravnostic
    Participant

And you should have taken a picture of your soapbox for Defunct.

Oh, snap! 😯

Kestrana-1, Ravnostic-0

caradoc
    Participant

Yes, I do have very large breasts.

Wait, so if you have the breasts, and you’re female, how does that make orionid the size queen?

I’m so confused…

orionid
    Participant

I like size, maybe?

I told Kestrana that it was good that she responded first, because my answer would have been “Despite all rumors to the contrary, I’m merely doing my part to keep the average where it’s at”

ravnostic
    Participant

Wait, so if you have the breasts, and you’re female, how does that make orionid the size queen?

I’m so confused…

Well, the saying goes, “There’s only two things I hate–size queens, and little dicks.”

You just have to do a little gender bending for proper context in Orionidopolis Land is all.

aprillove20
    Participant

those were nice picture. i wish i could my camera back.
    can’t wait ti shot the sky during night time. keep on posting
    more picture

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Venus returns to the morning sky’ is closed to new replies.