Washington Post Peep Diorama Contest

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Washington Post Peep Diorama Contest

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anneb
    Participant

Heads up, everyone: This is from today’s washingtonpost.com

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/22/AR2007022201628_pf.html

The announcement, pretty much in its entireity:

With glee, the Sunday Source announces its first-ever Peeps Diorama Contest.

Read that sentence again if you like.

We’re serious. It’s the start of Peeps season, when those marshmallowy chicks and rabbits clog checkout lines. Now you have an incentive to buy them (or use the ones that have been languishing in your pantry the past three Easters).

We want you to make a diorama of a famous occurrence or scene. It can be a historic or current event, or it can be a nod to pop culture. The one rule is that all the characters in the diorama must be played by Peeps.

(Our ideas? “The Peeple v. Larry Flynt.” Or Penelopeep Cruz in “Volver.” Or a scene from MTV’s “Peep My Ride.”)

So, to recap: Think of a scene. Buy the appropriate number of Peeps. Make your diorama using a shoe box or comparable item. (Dress up the Peeps, if you want. Give them pipe-cleaner arms or jelly bean feet.) Take a couple of photos of the diorama. E-mail them in JPEG format to sundaysource@washpost.com with “Peeps” in the subject line. Include your name, daytime phone number and home town, plus the diorama’s title.

Submissions are due March 18. But keep your masterpiece on hand: We’ll pick five finalists and send a courier to pick up those dioramas to be photographed professionally. Winners will be announced and feted April 8.

Get cracking, peeple.

Curious
    Participant

thanks for the article anneb. BTW you link is missing one of theses “H” at the very beginning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/22/AR2007022201628_pf.html

given Elsinore‘s recent entries …

Elsinore
    Keymaster

This rocks!

Alas, Curious, my entries weren’t from any particular occurance or movie/play scene. Unless I can find something that retroactively fits it 😉 One complication is that I threw the peeps away after photographing them, so I don’t exactly have said “diorama” anymore. Would need to either get new peeps to re-create or come up with a scene…Maybe something from “Peep Fiction” 😆

anneb
    Participant

thanks for the article anneb. BTW you link is missing one of theses “H” at the very beginning.

Urk- fixed!

When I was in college, I did several “Great scenes from literature” in Lego. Hamlet, Macbeth, Tale of Two cities (guillotine was awesome!) But the pix I shot were horrible, I didn’t have anything but an on-board totally manual flash, and not a very short lens. I’m sorely tempted to try something along those lines.

Would need to either get new peeps to re-create or come up with a scene…Maybe something from “Peep Fiction” Laughing

OMG, that would be far too scary! (: Then reuse the Samuel L. Jackson peep for “peeps on a plane” (requires Gummy worms) (No, I’m not even going to try THAT one…)

millera9
    Participant

Dude, absolutely. It might cost me some money but I will find a way to reenact the assassination of President Kennedy with peeps. Oh yes, it will be done…

Curious
    Participant

BTW you link is missing one of theses “H” at the very beginning.

note to self: when correcting someones post don’t make simple spelling mistakes. you =! your

thanks for not pointing that out anneb 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Washington Post Peep Diorama Contest’ is closed to new replies.