What is your preference?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Pollage What is your preference?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lovesandwich
    Participant

Seems to me that arguing about what camera make is better is like arguing which computer make is better. Nikon/Cannon, Window’s/Mac? See?

So, what is your fav?

millera9
    Participant

I shoot Canon because I haven’t had any problems with them yet. If I ever do have a problem, Nikon will be my favorite until… well, you get the idea…

powerplantgirl
    Participant

I agree with Miller..all I’ve ever had is a Canon and it’s been very good to me.

Curious
    Participant

where’s minolta? or knoica/minolta?

and no, if it says sony it’s not minolta.

also use fuji point and shoot. one A205 and two A360.

Lovesandwich
    Participant

Doh! How could I forget my beloved Minolta! I wonder if I could edit that…

I shoot Nikon just because I find Canon’s too light, and I feel that my big meat paws will break them. I do like Canon’s lenses though…

New tech question…how to get a Canon lens onto a Nikon body…hmmm

millera9
    Participant

I wonder if I could edit that…

Fixed it for ya!

Lovesandwich
    Participant

w00t!

thanks millera9

sleeping
    Participant

New tech question…how to get a Canon lens onto a Nikon body…hmmm

The Nikon F mount has a longer distance between the lens mount and the film/sensor plane, so it’s not really feasible, at least if you want to focus to infinity. The reverse (Nikon F lens to EOS) does exist though (I suppose it would be possible to create one for the old Nikon rangefinder bodies, but I don’t think it would be especially useful…)

CaptainJim
    Participant

I just wanted to say fark you and the horse you rode in on for not putting Sigma on the list. Then I thought better of it. So I will just ask about Mamiya, Leica, Olympus, Cabo, ect. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m a Canon girl. Our first digital camera was an HP, and it was ok but gave no control over exposure variables. When I started looking for something better, I did a lot of research and decided the Canon A620 had the right combination of features, image quality, size, etc that I needed. When I was ready for my DSLR, I considered other cameras too (Nikon, Pentax, Fuji, Olympus–which should be up there too!, and the Konica Minolta), but in the end, the 30D felt better in my hands than the Nikons, so I went with that. The 30D’s feature set was also good for what I wanted, and of course moving up from the A620 I didn’t have to learn much about the interface since they’re similar. I also have my Dad’s Canon AE-1 Program film SLR on extended loan (I’m truly sad that those awesome Canon FD lenses are next to worthless for my 30D), as well as the medium format Seagull TLR I got for Mother’s Day. Need to develop my roll of film from that, now that I think about it…

staplermofo
    Participant

I just wanted to say fark you and the horse you rode in on for not putting Sigma on the list. Then I thought better of it. So I will just ask about Mamiya, Leica, Olympus, Cabo, ect. 🙂

The per-pixel detail on those Foveon sensors is insane.
    Damn you, every other manufacturer!

And for those of you voting Hasselblad, the line to get mugge.. I mean, free candy … starts in the alley out back.

monkeybort
    Participant

i’ve been shooting canon since i was a wee lass and my parents gave me their SLR to play with on a trip to FL. love it love it love it.

but how could you exclude holga and lomos? 🙂

/just got a lomo fisheye.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, Sigma–my dad has one of the SD-10’s and he loooooves it. The SD-14’s are supposed to be even nicer.

Part of the problem with the way polls work here is that you can only vote once, and I know there are lots of us using different cameras. I added the ones Captain Jim suggested and the Holga, Lomo and even the Seagull, though alas, I’ve already voted for Canon and can’t vote for any others…

XenPix
    Participant

My Ricoh KR10M is a super camera, I’ve had that since I was 16 (which is a few years ago now!) and it’s just a great little performer.

Since I’ve gone digital I’ve been Canon all the way, not entirely sure how it happened, but I’m stuck on them now. 🙂

My mum had a really lovely Praktica with a cloth shutter. That was pretty good at taking abuse too.

Ah, the memories! 😀

Uranus
    Participant

knowing sod-all about cameras, or photography for that matter, i voted nikon simply because when i picked up th D40 it just kind of fit me….

the previous olympus pocket digital took great pics for a compact, but was waaaaaaay to fussy about the power supply….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘What is your preference?’ is closed to new replies.