When rubber dams fail, photo ops prevail

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery When rubber dams fail, photo ops prevail

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Took some images of the now mostly-empty Tempe Town Lake. Might use in future contests (U-Man[b/]’s next week, potentially the one mopsy suggested). It’s a stark contrast to what the place has looked like for the last 10 years.

Birds taking advantage of ever-shrinking pools filled with fisheysuah:

Mill Ave Bridge (the original one, built way back in the day)

Always wanted one of these shots of mudflats. Should get better in the next day or two; I’ll go back.

One of more than a dozen pylons. This one happened to be standing.

Under the Mill Ave bridge.

[/url]

LeicaLens
    Participant

Pretty cool, rav. That top one would almost have fitted last week’s B&W theme.

ravnostic
    Participant

Yeah, Leica; if I did some temp corrections they’d have been fine for it. For these I went with ‘mud’ tones. The two mud flat ones are actually the same temp, but the overcast skies today varied in intensity, and I I did a bit more saturation on the one without the cone.

aprillove20
    Participant

actually you still have great shot. but if you want another shot im waiting for

that.keep posted, I’ll check on it.

Curious
    Participant

really like the mudflat sans pylon. the bridge shots are interesting too.

ravnostic
    Participant

I was amazed when the pylon one got 1st place in “That’s Just Filthy” aka “Dirty Pictures”.

Curious
    Participant

I was amazed when the pylon one got 1st place in “That’s Just Filthy” aka “Dirty Pictures”.

nice photo and fit the theme perfectly. but as just photos IMO the first one is better/nicer/???

actually it’s the color i like better. although for a dried out lake the pylon one is more “dried out” looking.

my sister sent me two variations of a photo and i picked the brown one over the whiter so it’s probably just a bias on my part.

ravnostic
    Participant

IIRC, one was at double the ISO of the other, on a cloudy day. Don’t recall the exposure, though. That was back in July, and we drinks, ya know, so we fergets.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘When rubber dams fail, photo ops prevail’ is closed to new replies.