Who the fark is Nick Jojola?

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Who the fark is Nick Jojola?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

Most of the people I meet on a daily basis don’t get to say “I could do that” when they see what I create.

let me rephrase that for you: Most of the people I meet on a daily basis shouldn’t say “I could do that” when they see what I create.

it’s been my experience that all to often well meaning folks fail to grasp the complexities of what they see and think they could do as well if not better.

and it’s not just photography. fix a guys car in half and hour or his leaking pipe and he will moan and groan about having to pay for it. if you can make it look easy folks will think it’s easy. forget the thousands in tools and the years of learning how to use them.

and by now after years of participation awards — man i hate people sometimes. and i can assure you that “if you’re so fucking smart fix it yourself” doesn’t endear you to people.

but that’s just me.

bender16v
    Participant

I agree with you ennuipoet, and saw the piece “Everything You Want, Right Now” in a gallery Friday that sadly sums up a lot about our current society. Over the past few years I’ve tried to isolate myself from that and to make a conscious effort to actually learn things, first off by ditching my tv. I wonder how many people’s last words are “I wish I had watched more tv and sat around idly rather than doing things”?

While my photography isn’t great, I realize it is a skill that I must commit to learning which takes a lot of time similar to some of my other interests. These types of things actually take effort, which seems to really be lacking from the general public. The only thing that bothers me about the skydive photo shoot is who the hell decided to pay for that? I can’t imagine that it was cheap. I wonder if they got the result for which they were expecting? Maybe I should have read the whole article, but I lost interest part way through.

orionid
    Participant

What’s a TV?

staplermofo
    Participant

it’s been my experience that all to often well meaning folks fail to grasp the complexities of what they see and think they could do as well if not better.

It’s annoying because so many people I’d like to blame, I shouldn’t.
    Kids with bad grammar? Even newspapers use bad grammar now.
    Kids think a stack of chairs is art? Museums present a stack of chairs as art without an explanation.
    People argue with their doctor? Doctors get quoted misleadingly to promote BS several times a day.
    I’d like to think people 40 and over grew up in a world where institutions policed themselves for ineptitude, but I’m not even 30, so …

It’s like there’s a global conspiracy against credibility.
    Our last hope is the self-checkout. God damn they scan & bag fast.

Yoyo
    Participant

I agree with you ennuipoet, and saw the piece …The only thing that bothers me about the skydive photo shoot is who the hell decided to pay for that? I can’t imagine that it was cheap. I wonder if they got the result for which they were expecting?

I’m going to guess that HTC paid for the project so they could make a 2 lame TV advertizements. The whole “fashion shoot” was most likely manufactured solely as a plot for the ads. I finally saw the second commerical with the other photographer today. It’s just as bad as the first with the same lingering questions.

I’m not sure if I mentioned and questioned it before, but if this new phone is so great at video and still simultaniously, and there were two guys using them, why the need for the camera men with the pro grade helmet mounted rigs? I’m thinking that there is more smoke and mirrors to this ad scheme than just the model’s costume and the other parachuters with smoke bombs.

Either way, I’m not buying a phone for the camera, and I’m certainly not buying this one, even though I seriously want to ditch my Blackberry POS right now.

caradoc
    Participant

We are going from a species of tool creators to a species of tools, whose only reason for existing is to push the button and receive a pellet!

Objection! The implication in this statement is that we’re on our way there.

I think the success of “Jersey Shore” indicates we hit that point at least five seasons back.

Curious
    Participant

I’m not sure if I mentioned and questioned it before, but if this new phone is so great at video and still simultaniously, and there were two guys using them, why the need for the camera men with the pro grade helmet mounted rigs? I’m thinking that there is more smoke and mirrors to this ad scheme than just the model’s costume and the other parachuters with smoke bombs.

somewhere on this site is a thread talking about the iPhone fashion shoot done by some big name fashion photog. lots of smoke and mirrors on that one.

perhaps this isn’t germane here but the photo accessories for iPhones is both amazing and depressing. extra lenses ???? telezooms

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Who the fark is Nick Jojola?’ is closed to new replies.