wide format printing

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware wide format printing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

my sister upgraded her wide format printer and gave me her old one. it’s an epson 2200. today i’m going to set it up and go nuts. well actually before i go nuts i need big paper but i also need any tips you folks may know about how to keep cost low. for instance given the paper cost, not to mention ink, how does one do tests to see if you are close. can you print just a portion of the final print on 8.5 x 11 ? either by printing the image at 8.5 x 11 or making a copy and cropping to that size? i do know that you need the same type of paper since that will effect the final print but other than that?

actually now that i think about it does printing anything at different sizes change the color rendition. obviously if i print a 640×480 50kb image at 8×10 it will be crap. but if i have a 3000+ pixel 5MB+ image and print it at say 4×6 and 8×10 are they different? now don’t laugh, i know that seems like a newbie question but i have rarely printed at anything other than 8×10.

Curious
    Participant

when my sister sent the printer she forgot the extra ink she had and sent it separately. she mentioned that two tanks were running low and those may not be the ones she had and sent.

so i set the printer up, install the software and print my first test. well no it hung due to low ink. and not the ones she sent. damn. and since it’s an older printer ink doesn’t seem to be available locally, just online. damn again.

but it did install and try to print so there’s that.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think soosh prints his own stuff on a wide format printer. Hopefully he’ll chime in.

Curious
    Participant

i seem to remember a couple of folks mentioning wide format printing. but until i get ink i guess it doesn’t matter 🙂 an hour online and while finding decent prices there in none to be had locally. oh well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘wide format printing’ is closed to new replies.