Woooo, CHICAGO, WOOOOOOOO

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Woooo, CHICAGO, WOOOOOOOO

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    staplermofo
    Participant

http://www.staplermofo.com/index.html

And that’s why we’ve been going on and on about how awesome we are.

Curious
    Participant

nice shots, looks like it was fun.

and i’m guessing your memory cards came in time.

millera9
    Participant

Dude, weren’t you the one worried during the last party that your indoor flash skills were too meager to do it justice? I may be remembering that incorrectly, but if that was you, your abilities have improved exponentially. Very nice work…

staplermofo
    Participant

nice shots, looks like it was fun.

and i’m guessing your memory cards came in time.

Loads of fun. There was moonshine (from a home still and everything), homemade caramel (it made sense at the time), but I guess the best way to describe it is to say this: today, no less than 3 people posted to the google group about having lost their shirt somewhere.

And yep, I got a memory card in time. The new one is so much faster I’m almost glad I had an excuse to buy it.

Dude, weren’t you the one worried during the last party that your indoor flash skills were too meager to do it justice? I may be remembering that incorrectly, but if that was you, your abilities have improved exponentially. Very nice work…

My skills still suck, I just got a huge Sunpak 544 and bounced it off the ceiling at full force every time. That let me use a 16mm fisheye at f/11 (ISO 100), which made focusing errors and lighting problems virtually impossible.
    Of course, some people complained about the burning of a thousand suns and all that, but I knew how to take care of them:

Analogy
    Participant

Haha, nice, that reminds me of the time my friend and I were taking pictures of this snow tunnel he and his girlfriend dug in a snowdrift… He’s got these two flashes where one of them can be completely detached from the camera and be triggered by the other through infrared, we would put that at the other end of a tunnel to get backlighting. Well time came to fetch the other flash so he crawled in to get it, at which point I triggered it. Two bright flashes + white snow tunnel + he was crawling in the middle of it. It was hilarious. =D

monkeybort
    Participant

heh, nate has that same shirt that you’re wearing, but in blue. i really like the orange as well.

nice shots! looks like a good time. 😛

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Woooo, CHICAGO, WOOOOOOOO’ is closed to new replies.