01-16-08 – Heavy Metal

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-16-08 – Heavy Metal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph things made of metal. While out and out size isn’t necessarily a requirement, your photos should illustrate “heavy” in some way (a small anvil would be acceptable, for example). Difficulty: No bands or music-related subjects.

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

I think this was brought up in the original discussion.. what about literal heavy metals? ie: lead… mercury…etc… (I think they’re heavy metals…) Just curious. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I guess I’d have to ask whether you could tell from your photo without a lengthy explanation that you had photographed a “heavy” metal and/or if by looking at the photo the average person would think it was illustrative of “heavy”. Beyond that, I can’t answer, particularly without looking at an example. Perhaps Silver Stag could weigh in since this was his theme suggestion.

U-Man
    Participant

I guess I’d have to ask whether you could tell from your photo without a lengthy explanation that you had photographed a “heavy” metal and/or if by looking at the photo the average person would think it was illustrative of “heavy”. Beyond that, I can’t answer, particularly without looking at an example. Perhaps Silver Stag could weigh in since this was his theme suggestion.

Heh, heh, heh…Silver Stag could weigh in…

SilverStag
    Participant

Well, I was hoping that the photo would give one the sense of mass, or heaviness.

Sorry I’ve been slacking off, I’m starting a new job next week and have had a couple of projects going that have eaten into Farktography time.

Priorities & all that.

schnee
    Participant

…have had a couple of projects going that have eaten into Farktography time.

Priorities & all that.

Priorities that are apparently all messed up…Congrats on the new job.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Ah, I wish this was next month, I’ll be back in college next to a train yard.

U-Man
    Participant

This one is turning out to be harder than I thought it would be. While there are lots of big metal things around, I can’t find one that screams heavy.

I’ll keep searching and thinking.

schnee
    Participant

This one is turning out to be harder than I thought it would be. While there are lots of big metal things around, I can’t find one that screams heavy.

I’ll keep searching and thinking.

Yeah, the heavy part is tough to illustrate.

jpatten
    Participant

I should be able to find something, We have lots of construction going on around here.

lokisbong
    Participant

i was wondering if this would fit the rules

Elsinore
    Keymaster

i was wondering if this would fit the rules

Metallic? Check
    Appears heavy? Check
    Added bonus: Anvil’s specifically mentioned in theme description? Check

lokisbong, you are cleared for landing.

lokisbong
    Participant

very cool i was just wondering if the spider changed the composition or something.i think its a blackwidow.
    thanks for a quick answer 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nah, I think the anvil is enough a part of the picture. Creepy ass spider, though!

lokisbong
    Participant

yes she was .i found her living in the anvil i put in a forgotten corner of my kitchen cabinet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘01-16-08 – Heavy Metal’ is closed to new replies.