01-16-08 – Heavy Metal

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-16-08 – Heavy Metal

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    staplermofo
    Participant

Dude, use a coaster for that.

lokisbong
    Participant

not a bad idea.luckily i only put it up there for the pic .as soon as i saw the spider the whole thing went out side so she could find a new home other than in my kitchen.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Was she actually black more more brown? In the picture she looks more brownish, but I don’t know. Not sure about black widows in California, but they’re all over the midwest. Think the brown widow (a cousin that I think is less dangerous) is more prevalent in the south.

U-Man
    Participant

It looks like a blacksmith widow to me. Not very dangerous. Their arms are usually larger than most spider’s.

U-Man
    Participant

They have a red horse-shoe shape on their bellies.

corsec67
    Participant

very cool i was just wondering if the spider changed the composition or something.i think its a blackwidow.
    thanks for a quick answer 😀

This is a Black Widow.

Doesn’t look like a Brown Widow either.

lokisbong
    Participant

very cool i was just wondering if the spider changed the composition or something.i think its a blackwidow.
    thanks for a quick answer 😀

This is a Black Widow.

Doesn’t look like a Brown Widow either.

the first one is for sure. i read that they start out brown or orange and get darker until they turn black at maturity.i never got a look at her underside.kinda arachnophobic but fascinated none the less.

jpatten
    Participant

I posted my 3 pics and then found this one and wish I had posted it…

schnee
    Participant

I posted my 3 pics and then found this one and wish I had posted it…
    snip

I hear ya’ – I’d already used this one:

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Here are the two I cut this week. I always wonder if I guessed wrong in choosing, but that decision making process is part of the fun I suppose. 🙂

jpatten
    Participant

i do like those pictures

soosh
    Participant

Damn. Totally posted the wrong third photo.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

meh, it happens.

XenPix
    Participant

Well, I think they’re all lovely (well, I voted for a whole bunch of them, anyhow!).

I wish to apologise to you all (and berate myself) for my excess of slackness lately. I was away over christmas, and I have my parents staying with me at the moment. I didn’t think it would be kind to wake them at 1am to post, then at 2am THEY woke ME up! HOW RUDE! 😀 If they had pre-warned me about that, I could have had some pictures ready to post.

Hopefully I’ll be back on the Farktography er wagon? next week. Although it might be the week after, because me and funny just aren’t happening at the moment. 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘01-16-08 – Heavy Metal’ is closed to new replies.