01-23-08 – Farktography Classic: Teh Funnay 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-23-08 – Farktography Classic: Teh Funnay 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photos that make you laugh. Difficulty: No titles or descriptions. If you have to explain the joke, it’s just not funny. (Thanks to nutkick_42 for the theme suggestion!)

corsec67
    Participant

Trip back in time to the original

I bet cats are going to be popular this time as well.
    Amazing how much photoshopping there was in that one…

jpatten
    Participant

Id say a difficulty here is finding a funny photo, that is funny to everyone. I can probably find several that are funny, at least to me and my family…
    A definite challenge here

boringolddoug
    Participant

Man I wish I had a time machine. There was a photo I missed nack in the early 80’s. I didn’t carry my camera at work those days, and couldn’t that day anyway cause I was on my way to court. Queens’ Bench yet, so I was in dress uniform. It was snowing heavily, but warm. The roads were 8 to 12 inches deep in very wet snow. Traffic sprayed it everywhere and everything was filthy with it. At one intersection was an old style family corner store, the kind with the door at the corner of the building. The wet snow had sprayed over 4 feet up the walls, the sidewalks beside it and the steps were heavy with it. And around the corner of the building, over the door was a huge banner which said ” Slush available.”

Jesufication
    Participant

This is to be my first farktography contest :D.

soosh
    Participant

thank you for pulling photos with descriptions! I really wanted to use this one:

but it’s not funny unless you know it used to say “bears in area, please stay on trail”.

I had a hard time finding shots that were funny at all without explanation. Not exactly my forte.

soosh
    Participant

This would have been a candidate, too, were it not a scan:

Morningbreath
    Participant

This is to be my first farktography contest :D.

I’m looking forward to your photos.

Flavivirus
    Participant

Very funny stuff so far. I don’t get “no titles” as a difficulty because I consider titles part of the artistic process. No descriptions, I get… but no titles? Dunno why it offended me so much, but posting them sans titles felt very violatey 😛

Also, I think if you’re taking photos of pure text, you’re doing it wrong 😛 But that’s just my opinion.

swampa
    Participant

Not if the text is goatse! Thats gold Jerry! Gold!!

Flavivirus
    Participant

thank you for pulling photos with descriptions! I really wanted to use this one:

but it’s not funny unless you know it used to say “bears in area, please stay on trail”.

No it doesn’t! I’m trying to figure it out… it’s killing me! I’ve made out “PA__ CRE_K TRAIL”

Park Creek Trail?

soosh
    Participant

OK, yeah, you’re right. I thought it was Please Stay On Trail, but it is actually the Pack Creek Trail, so that makes more sense. It did, though, used to say Bears In Area.

Pack Creek Photos

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Very funny stuff so far. I don’t get “no titles” as a difficulty because I consider titles part of the artistic process. No descriptions, I get… but no titles? Dunno why it offended me so much, but posting them sans titles felt very violatey 😛

To be fair, the theme description has had that difficulty for several weeks since the theme was announced.

Not if the text is goatse! Thats gold Jerry! Gold!!

Can you pleeeeeease post that here? I wanna copy of it (pretty please)! 😆

corsec67
    Participant

I was thinking about entering this, but maybe the “funny” is way too subtle or just absent.
    flickr page

There are some funny pictures here, good job everyone.

soosh
    Participant

does the goatse one not meet fark’s non-goatse requirements?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • The topic ‘01-23-08 – Farktography Classic: Teh Funnay 2’ is closed to new replies.