01-28-09 – Rocks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    jpatten
    Participant

Not unless fossilized I would think….

staplermofo
    Participant

Are crack, red rock, and other man-made rocks okay if the rocks haven’t been split up yet?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think if they’re man-made, they’re out, sorry ‘mofo 😉

edited to fix typo

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm on second thought reading through the theme description, it says nothing about whether the rocks themselves were created by man. So if you want to get nitpicky, sugar or salt crystals (or other forms of “rock” or “crystal”) that you grow for a science experiment might fit, though I would think a sculpted foam rock would not (since it’s sculpture).

staplermofo
    Participant

I was joking!
    Please, no more cops.

corsec67
    Participant

Hmm on second thought reading through the theme description, it says nothing about whether the rocks themselves were created by man. So if you want to get nitpicky, sugar or salt crystals (or other forms of “rock” or “crystal”) that you grow for a science experiment might fit, though I would think a sculpted foam rock would not (since it’s sculpture).

Hmmm, someone could crush a bunch of rock salt and then have a picture of that being snorted through a rolled up $1 bill. “Snorting Rocks”…
    (I already have mine chosen out, all from Arches National Park)

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Hmph… I guess this would be considered a sculpture. I’ll just have to save it for another day.

/NSFW?
    //More detail…

corsec67
    Participant

Hmph… I guess this would be considered a sculpture. I’ll just have to save it for another day.

/NSFW?
    //More detail…

Hah, one of my entries makes that definitely SFW.

(Anyone who has been to Arches knows what I am talking about)

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Yeah… I figured that it was fun to share though. I’m now very intrigued at what you have…

justkat
    Participant

Hmmm, someone could crush a bunch of rock salt and then have a picture of that being snorted through a rolled up $1 bill. “Snorting Rocks”…
    (I already have mine chosen out, all from Arches National Park)

I think you could call that sculpture.

What about geodes? They aren’t sculpture and I think the only thing done by man is to break them open and wash ’em out.

I could see tumbled rocks being disallowed, but it seems to me that geodes might be allowed.

/not asking for myself, I’m all set now.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think geodes would qualify. Heck, some of them break open naturally, even.

orionid
    Participant

I think geodes would qualify. Heck, some of them break open naturally, even.

Crap. Now someone else is thinking in my direction.

/Where did I put those old pics of Ayers Rock? I only have to worry about swampa on that one.

lokisbong
    Participant

I had a really nice picture (imho) bowl of rocks and then realized some were tumbled and or dyed so that one is right out. I found an even better picture though.

wrayvynn
    Participant

Damn it! I never take pictures of rocks, i just pick them up and take them home! And everything is covered in snow right now! 😥

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Damn it! I never take pictures of rocks, i just pick them up and take them home! And everything is covered in snow right now! 😥

I know… this is actually much more difficult than it seems. I have a ton of rocks that I have taken out of rivers and lakes, but if I read correctly I can’t use shots of those because they have been moved from their natural habitat(?).

I’m sadly flirting with not entering this one 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • The topic ‘01-28-09 – Rocks’ is closed to new replies.