02-20-08 – Windmills

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-20-08 – Windmills

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

There are some windmills in San Francisco (which may surprise most of you) and they would probably make for some interesting shots. They are abandoned in various states of disrepair, situated in semi-wild fields and right on the Pacific coast. But I’m still using film and didn’t have time to get there for this contest. There’s still time for anyone using digital in the SF area who hadn’t thought of a windmill idea yet, They are on the western edge of Golden Gate Park FYI.

Curious
    Participant

well i just scanned two old pictures from the austin area. one was shot on seattle film works “movie” transfer stock and the colors aren’t too good. have been able to print it but color tweaking in PS isn’t getting it. (all color adjustments were over the entire image) the other is ok color wise but the scanner picked up some odd purple spots. fixing them would be spot correction and i’ll just enter it as is. with luck i’ll find a B/W one before contest time. i know there must be some in my contact sheets.

corsec67
    Participant

Curious
    Couldn’t you just covert your color scans to B&W? That is one of the allowed modifications, since it is pretty much the same as levels, right?

wickedfish2
    Participant

To my way of thinking, windmills do work of some kind. produce electricity, pump water, turn a mill wheel, etc. Some however, are merely decorative. That’s just my take on windmills. Enter whatever spins your fancy, and let the voters decide!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good enough by me, thanks wickedfish

corsec67
    Participant

Eclipse, clouds, thread being redlit…

Crazy stuff tonight.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I put out a 911 to rescue the thread.

We lucked into clear skies despite forecasts calling for it to be cloudy. I’ve taken some pics and can’t wait to grab some totality shots. The long lens I’ve got is kinda crappy, though.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And the thread is green

corsec67
    Participant

I put out a 911 to rescue the thread.

We lucked into clear skies despite forecasts calling for it to be cloudy. I’ve taken some pics and can’t wait to grab some totality shots. The long lens I’ve got is kinda crappy, though.

And my long lens is the worst lens I have, Phoenix 500mm f/8 mirror lens.
    But, it works well enough

Elsinore
    Keymaster

whoa, cool shot, corsec

jpatten
    Participant

my best one… taken by snuggling my camera against the eyepiece of my telescope and manually focusing…

FutherMucker
    Participant

I thought this will be a lil’ bit boring contest. As normal, I am wrong.
    8)

Killerclaw
    Participant

I don’t have shit this week, rode my bike 10 miles to get the one shot I have =(

FutherMucker
    Participant

I don’t have shit this week, rode my bike 10 miles to get the one shot I have =(

You doing it wrong. Bike ride will pack you fudge. Try some cheese. 😆

FutherMucker
    Participant

Alaska has shit for windmills.

Innovative. Bet they don’t work very well.

Hahaha!!!! Good one ! 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘02-20-08 – Windmills’ is closed to new replies.