02-27-08 – Yellow

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-27-08 – Yellow

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Perhaps I was a bit out there, but I wanted to see if folks would get it that a school bus is still yellow in b&w. I was trying to be creative with the theme.

I dunno, call me crazy, but I think it’s a stronger shot in color than it would be in black and white. School bus yellow is a bold color.

jekxrb
    Participant

already some of the shots have blown me away, so I have no high hopes for this one. Good work everyone!

Ditto. I thought I had some good shots, but now I know I’m not worthy!

Great job, all!

Uranus, your “Metro” is VERY cool. It caught my eye immediately.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Uranus, your “Metro” is VERY cool. It caught my eye immediately.

Mine too. And Big Brother as well. Very nicely composed!

UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

I was going to use my yellowjacket shot as my third, but decided it wasn’t yellow enough. Plus when I saw the one with the big pile of yellow sawdust I was sold.

U-Man
    Participant

Because yellow is just a very light shade of black 😛

And pale yellow is a very, very light shade of black.

What color are school buses in the Southern Commonwealth?

U-Man
    Participant

Perhaps I was a bit out there, but I wanted to see if folks would get it that a school bus is still yellow in b&w. I was trying to be creative with the theme.

I dunno, call me crazy, but I think it’s a stronger shot in color than it would be in black and white. School bus yellow is a bold color.

I hear you. I was torn between the yellow and b&w. Although I kinda wanted to try to show color without any actual color, I’m cool with your decision.

Man, there are some good ones tonight.

swampa
    Participant

What color are school buses in the Southern Commonwealth?

I don’t think there is a set colour down here. They were all different colours when I was in school, which was good as you only needed to remember what colours the bus you caught were (well until it broke down and got replaced then you had a lot of confused kids :P).

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Good job everyone, amazing pictures all around.

lokisbong
    Participant

I am not worthy to be in these contests either but I’m trying to get better.man are there a lot of awesome shots.i really love that Yellow Jacket Elsinore

jpatten
    Participant

ARGH! I was gonna enter last night and our cable modem went down. FInally got access for alittle while this morning before work and got some entered but MUCH later than I wanted too

*waaaah*

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I am not worthy to be in these contests either but I’m trying to get better.man are there a lot of awesome shots.i really love that Yellow Jacket Elsinore

Thank you 🙂 But you are worthy–I love that bumpy steel plate (your 3/3).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

One of my photos does not have much yellow in it, but the small amount of yellow is a dominant characteristic of the photo, and what the eye is drawn to, so I am planning to use it.

And I think I’d have to stand corrected on this one. Even in the photos where yellow wasn’t the most frequent color/largest occurance of color, it was definitely dominating.

lokisbong
    Participant

Thank you 🙂 But you are worthy–I love that bumpy steel plate (your 3/3).

thank you again.like I said last night I am trying to learn.its a lot of fun most of the time just trying to pick out 3 of the dozens of pics I take for these contests. 😀

schnee
    Participant

I tell you what, those damn marbles almost ended my blissful married life. It took three nights and countless tries to get that single image, and I’m still not super happy with it.

This image had a nice length to the shadows, and the marbles weren’t blown out, but the “white” paper was anything but.

This one did OK on the shadows and marbles, and half of the paper was sort of white, but I got a gradient to gray which really horked me.

Finally, I removed the gradient by moving the flash way far away and letting the inverse square law do its thing to the flash fall-off, but the paper went back to gray. I couldn’t expose for white w/o blowing out the marbles.

If I reshot, I’d ditch the white paper and use something like blue.

(all images pop)

jpatten
    Participant

Level adjustments couldn’t help?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘02-27-08 – Yellow’ is closed to new replies.