03-12-08 – Trucks

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-12-08 – Trucks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Pickups, semis, monster trucks, with a hemi or without: photograph trucks. Difficulty: No SUV’s.

corsec67
    Participant

OOOH, I am going to do “Fire Trucks” here.

Too bad I already used this one

in “Its a load of crop”

jpatten
    Participant

No SUV… Hmmmm well that cuts out almost every car on the road lately 🙂

corsec67
    Participant

Light trucks, semis, 4×4’s, with a hemi or without: photograph trucks. Difficulty: No SUV’s.

Um, what is a “4×4” that isn’t a SUV?
    When I think if a 4×4, I think Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee, Ford Bronco, etc…
    Is that wrong?

Edit: So this lifted Cherokee with big tires wouldn’t count?

jpatten
    Participant
    jpatten
    Participant

I was wondering if classic Jeep counted as SUV… now I dont think a military humvee counts as SUV either… does it?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, I’m thinking I should just take the “4×4” out, cause it’s confusing things. I was thinking like 4×4 pickups. A classic Jeep isn’t really a truck. A humvee is closer to an SUV than a truck.

corsec: That lifted Cherokee is an SUV.
    jpatten: That’s a monster truck, it’s good.

Sorry for the confusion…I’ll clarify it tomorrow; too late to think straight tonight

corsec67
    Participant

Ok, I’m thinking I should just take the “4×4” out, cause it’s confusing things. I was thinking like 4×4 pickups. A classic Jeep isn’t really a truck. A humvee is closer to an SUV than a truck.

Maybe replace “4×4” with “pickup”, then?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, though I also added “monster trucks” and took out “light trucks” since some pickups are light trucks.

Uranus
    Participant

skateboard trucks?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Huzzah, someone’s thinking creatively! I also have something in mind that is a slightly different angle. Only things excluded are SUV’s. I don’t mind when people stretch the theme as long as it fits the definition and isn’t explicitly excluded.

corsec67
    Participant

Ok, now I could think of something creative to do with hand trucks….

Elsinore
    Keymaster

heh heh that’s the line I was thinking of going

(don’t let that stop you)

jpatten
    Participant

hmmm hand truck hadn’t even come to mind yet

U-Man
    Participant

A woman that I work with has a story about trucks. It might not be true, but I think it is.

When her daughter was three-ish, it was time to get rid of the pacifier. They went through the whole thing of throwing it away and Stacy told her daughter that the garbage man brings all of those thrown-away pacies to other babies that need them.

Now, her daughter didn’t say the “T” sound correctly. Evidently, she would replace it with an “F” sound. So, a couple of weeks after throwing away the pacifier a garbage truck drove by their car. Stacy heard from the back seat, “Hey! That *uck has my pacie!”

/Nothing to do with photography. But good for a smile, at least.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘03-12-08 – Trucks’ is closed to new replies.