04-01-09 – A Second Look

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-01-09 – A Second Look

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Pick ONE of your past entries that didn’t do as well as you thought it should, and reenter it in this contest. You MUST identify the original contest in your post. Difficulty: One entry, one entry only, please.

Theme suggestion credit and kudos to SilverStag

corsec67
    Participant

The list of candidates for this contest is easy:
    Look at my FSM profile, and go from the bottom up.

The problem is, most of my lower entries deserve to be there.

orionid
    Participant

The list of candidates for this contest is easy:
    Look at my FSM profile, and go from the bottom up.

I think that’s pretty universal. I know it applies for me.

stupido
    Participant

Question, are we allowed to change anything or must it be in the exact same format? One candidate I would like to crop, the other I think show not be a problem. I just to host it on a different site so it is larger.

SilverStag
    Participant

I think it should be as close to the original format as possible, although I don’t see harm in resizing it. Anyone else want to chime in?

corsec67
    Participant

I think it should be as close to the original format as possible, although I don’t see harm in resizing it. Anyone else want to chime in?

The entry I really thinking about I am going to use a much larger version than I originally used.

Resizing could help some entries that were too small.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I see no issues with resizing, but cropping or otherwise changing the composition seems like too much of a change to qualify for this contest.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Also, I’m going to add a difficulty that you MUST identify the original contest your entry was from. It will be too difficult to keep track of otherwise.

staplermofo
    Participant

Considering it’s on April Fools’ Day, can I use one of your images?

corsec67
    Participant

Considering it’s on April Fools’ Day, can I use one of your images?

Hah, “Enter one entry by someone else that didn’t do as well as you thought it should?”

soosh
    Participant

I think it should be a previous entry, non-cropped. Resized would be fine.

orionid
    Participant

I would agree. Likewise with other alterations. I keep looking at my top choice and thinking “Man, if only I’d known how to use color balace to get the effect of white balancing back then. Maybe if I just….. no, no…. must…. leave…. the….. same….”

nobigdeal
    Participant

I would agree. Likewise with other alterations. I keep looking at my top choice and thinking “Man, if only I’d known how to use color balace to get the effect of white balancing back then. Maybe if I just….. no, no…. must…. leave…. the….. same….”

Looking back at my failures I can see now why they failed. Like you say, white balace off,composition,maybe cropped differently?

I did find 1 shot that I thought was a good one that got 0 votes so I was going to use that one.

After this week and the failure of my Xmas cactus 😕 (which I really like and is one of my most popular on Flickr)I am reconsidering

jpatten
    Participant

Hmmm almost ANY of my pictures is up for this one… though some I just posted anthing i could find to keep an entry… some I really was disappointed in

mopsy
    Participant

I have one that I really did and do think should have done better. It was in the “Tricky” theme. I plan to give a description of how I took the photo. Maybe that was the problem before, as I just put a title under the pic. That difference should be okay……right?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘04-01-09 – A Second Look’ is closed to new replies.