04-01-09 – A Second Look

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-01-09 – A Second Look

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

God, these are some great entries! Good work Farktographers!

/had to say it

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Linguine, in case you don’t see it in the thread, you only get one entry tonight. Let me know which one you want to keep.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Psst….guine

1 shot only this week 😉

(didn’t want to post this on Fark)

orionid
    Participant

Is there an echo in here?

/Just pokin’ ribs. I’m guessing you two were seconds apart.

linguine
    Participant

Rules are so overrated.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

hehe!

I was actually kind of surprised by what U-Man chose since it did pretty well in the original theme (5th place).

I had plenty of shots that didn’t do that great, but also didn’t deserve to do that great. Had an easier time finding stuff that did better than they deserved 😆

corsec67
    Participant

Hmm, it seems like the secondary theme is “look away from the camera, please.”

Or does the subject looking away from the camera hurt the picture?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

wow, I hadn’t noticed that, corsec, but you’re right.

nobigdeal
    Participant

hehe!

I was actually kind of surprised by what U-Man chose since it did pretty well in the original theme (5th place).

I had plenty of shots that didn’t do that great, but also didn’t deserve to do that great. Had an easier time finding stuff that did better than they deserved 😆

5th place is disappointing if you are U-man

orionid
    Participant

😆 HA!

jpatten
    Participant

Hmmm I have a Lot I think should have done better… Some that did better than I thought .. and 5 out of 96 entries that came in the top 20

soosh
    Participant

I love your entry, Elsinore. That must have been during my hiatus, because I don’t remember seeing it before.

U-Man
    Participant

Aw man. Now I feel like an ass. 🙁

I hardly spent any time with this week’s choice. I essentially hopped on my computer after dinner, checked out my FSM profile and stopped when I got to this neon pic. I remember being pissed that this one fell off of the thread because I was really happy with it.

Honestly folks, should I choose something else?

soosh
    Participant

Honestly folks, should I choose something else?

I don’t think so. The one I picked came in 15th in Blue, against stiff competition. It’s just one of my favorite photos and had hoped it would win.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

U-Man: Nah, run with it. I just probably remember that one more than most because it had disappeared and you were going to say screw it and leave them off the voting, and I kept asking if you were sure about that 😆

And thank you, soosh! Apparently that contest was Jan 2008..didn’t realize it was that long ago. But you entered that contest and got a top 5 or something. I didn’t figure mine would win, but I did figure it would do better than 41st 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘04-01-09 – A Second Look’ is closed to new replies.