04-23-08 – Tangled Up

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-23-08 – Tangled Up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us photos of one or more things that are comingled, tangled, melded, etc

Theme suggestion courtesy of Choc-Ful-A.

corsec67
    Participant

I was planning on doing something with a bunch of string and a couple of cats, and then I realized there are several piles of tangled up barbed wire just outside my office.

Now I just have to put on my “don’t suck” cap, and make it look cool.

millera9
    Participant

I was planning on doing something with a bunch of string and a couple of cats, and then I realized there are several piles of tangled up barbed wire just outside my office.

Now I just have to put on my “don’t suck” cap, and make it look cool.

*brainwave!* Add the cats to the barbed wire tangle! That solves two problems!

/Not much of a cat person…

staplermofo
    Participant

Growing up I had a cat that tried to scratch his chin on razor wire. He was the smartest cat I’ve ever known, he just made a lot of bad choices in life.

lokisbong
    Participant

where do you find this “don’t suck” cap?because I think I could use a cap like that.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t know…a “Don’t Suck” cap might be counterproductive for a lot of guys to advertise in such a way….

staplermofo
    Participant

I don’t know…a “Don’t Suck” cap might be counterproductive for a lot of guys to advertise in such a way….

Only if you forget to wear the matching “Suck” belt buckle.

Do people still say “sucking face”?
    Am I letting on that I’m 10,000 years old again?

lokisbong
    Participant

I was thinking I would only wear it when I am in photographer mode 😀

and I don’t think I have heard that phrase in at least thousand years either staplermofo.

soosh
    Participant

this theme wasn’t the easiest for me to find things for. I’ve got plenty of shots where things get jumbled in the frame, or where elements lay over each other, but not so much tangled.

Thought about using this shot, for instance, but nothing is necessarily tangled. It’s just messy.

Did find three that I think fit the theme, though.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

this theme wasn’t the easiest for me to find things for. I’ve got plenty of shots where things get jumbled in the frame, or where elements lay over each other, but not so much tangled.

Thought about using this shot, for instance, but nothing is necessarily tangled. It’s just messy.

…image deleted…

It was harder than I expected too, mostly because I couldn’t find the negatives I wanted to use. I’m a packrat unfortunately. *sigh* I also found one photo which I liked cause it was a stretch of the theme. But when I showed it to people I ended up getting an angry e-mail from someone that was offended by it! I don’t think I’m going to enter that one…

I think the photo you posted is beautiful, maybe a “silhouette” theme would be a good idea? The flatten color palette and hazy background suggest outlines of things to me.

soosh
    Participant

…image deleted…

It was harder than I expected too, mostly because I couldn’t find the negatives I wanted to use. I’m a packrat unfortunately. *sigh* I also found one photo which I liked cause it was a stretch of the theme. But when I showed it to people I ended up getting an angry e-mail from someone that was offended by it! I don’t think I’m going to enter that one…

I think the photo you posted is beautiful, maybe a “silhouette” theme would be a good idea? The flatten color palette and hazy background suggest outlines of things to me.

“Silhouette” would make a cool theme.

In other news, all I need is 55 votes to put me over the 3,000 cumulative vote total!

staplermofo
    Participant

In other news, all I need is 55 votes to put me over the 3,000 cumulative vote total!

When you break 4,000 you get your own lake in Southern California.

swampa
    Participant

Really???

/me enters 100 entries next week in the hope of getting closer to that lake!

jpatten
    Participant

Woo! I think I will break 10 votes this week on an entry… Though I admit its not the one I thought would do best…

sleeping
    Participant

Oooh, I only have 77 to go!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘04-23-08 – Tangled Up’ is closed to new replies.