04-23-08 – Tangled Up

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-23-08 – Tangled Up

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I have a question about broken images… My hosting site, which has always been reliable in the past, isn’t serving the images I submitted to the contest. They have been deleted from the contest thread and there are placeholders in the “results” as well. If the hosting site recovers, I’m hoping this is temporary, will the entries come back? Or will I have to resubmit them?

Flavivirus
    Participant

The Lake is a Lie.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

When you break 4,000 you get your own lake in Southern California.

Yeah, that was cool. The namesake castle in Denmark for breaking 3000 was nifty, too. 😉

I have a question about broken images… My hosting site, which has always been reliable in the past, isn’t serving the images I submitted to the contest. They have been deleted from the contest thread and there are placeholders in the “results” as well. If the hosting site recovers, I’m hoping this is temporary, will the entries come back? Or will I have to resubmit them?

Well, they’re undeleted, but it looks like the links might still be broken. But if they come back, it should show up. The posts are there either way now.

The Lake is a Lie.

Wow…perfect. You win the thread 😉

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Well, they’re undeleted, but it looks like the links might still be broken. But if they come back, it should show up. The posts are there either way now.

Thanks for the info, that’s never happened to me before (looking for wood to knock on). The hosting site recovered (no idea what happened) and the photos are back in the results page. Still not in the contest thread, but I suspect that takes some time so I will check later when I get home.

PS – I big thank you to everyone that submitted images this time. Since I suggested the theme I was obsessing about it being unpopular. But you all delivered, so I’m very happy. Woo!

lokisbong
    Participant

Thanks for the info, that’s never happened to me before (looking for wood to knock on). The hosting site recovered (no idea what happened) and the photos are back in the results page. Still not in the contest thread, but I suspect that takes some time so I will check later when I get home.

PS – I big thank you to everyone that submitted images this time. Since I suggested the theme I was obsessing about it being unpopular. But you all delivered, so I’m very happy. Woo!

No,thank you.I need every excuse to practice my photography skills.and this one made me think pretty hard where to get shots that looked cool.even though I didn’t do that great this time it is still fun.

U-Man
    Participant

What the…..

I’m at work and was talking with someone about kids. The convo went toward tomboys and I tried to show her that worms pic from this week’s contest using the FSM. The pic is gone.

I didn’t read carefully the above comments but it seems that something is up. Will the pic and votes come back? Can I do anything to help? I still see in on my image host.

U-Man
    Participant

Interesting. I tried to link to the pic using the URL. That didn’t work. The pic “could not be found”. I then linked using the “Img” icon. I accidentally clicked submit rather than preview, but it worked.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Worms_9528.jpg

Now…..it works. Scratches head.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Not sure what’s up with that, but it sounds like something got jacked with the serving of that picture. If an image posted on Fark starts to bog down a thread because it isn’t loading, it’ll get pulled. This isn’t something I’m actively doing, btw, but I can undelete stuff that gets deleted.

Not sure why it’s just the one pic and not the other since you’re hosting them both at the same place, but given you’re seeing something weird with posting it even here, I’d have to think at some point it didn’t get served right to Fark. I was checking the thread Thursday and a couple times yesterday, and it was there every time I checked the thread, so I’m not sure when it dropped off, but I doubt it affected your votes.

Regardless, I’ve undeleted it, so unless there continue to be problems with it, it should be fine, and the FSM will pick it back up in the next day or so.

U-Man
    Participant

Regardless, I’ve undeleted it, so unless there continue to be problems with it, it should be fine, and the FSM will pick it back up in the next day or so.

/Bows gracefully while doing that circle thing with right hand in recognition of your grandeur.

//In other words, thanks. You rock.

U-Man
    Participant

Lady E.

It appears that Mopsy’s colorful jacks pic was also scratched. If you can, would you please un-delete it?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it.

And dude, what’s with the “Lady”? No need for formality 😉

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks biatch!

/has trouble finding the middle
    //going for a smile, not an insult 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I snickered 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘04-23-08 – Tangled Up’ is closed to new replies.