05-02-12 – Wow! Nice Wood!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-02-12 – Wow! Nice Wood!

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

The shadows look like a ponytailed gal…uh…servicing someone who stands mouth agape.

/my Rorschach tests are always….interesting.

olavf
    Participant

I can see the nose.

It’s a witch tree. She’s got a wart.

Build a bridge out of her.

orionid
    Participant

Holy poop. Have we ever had a four-way tie for first before?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Holy poop. Have we ever had a four-way tie for first before?

Pretty sure we have, but not one that’s held till the contest thread closed.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Zero Exponent this week!

ravnostic
    Participant

Yay! x^o’s very first WIN! Congrats!

//I remember when I sponsored him for TF when he was but a lad…. *sniffle*

Barracuda
    Participant

Grats on the win! Lots of fantastic entries this week, voting seems to be responding nicely to the return to a single ‘Vote’ button too. *knock on (Wow Nice) wood*

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

What the … ? I thought my “comin down the mountain” shot would do better with voters than the snake–and when I first saw sleeping’s Jenga tower, I figured it would easily beat all of my entries. Fark voting: unpredictable as ever … but man its good to see the ol vote button back.

Thank you to all who voted. Looking back on my contest entries, I can see an improvement in my work over time. The lion’s share of the credit for that has to go to Farktography. Rubbing shoulders with the talented farktographers in all these contests has resulted in me learning a lot from all of you. Thanks for that; I’ve still got a lot more to learn!

Special thanks to ravnostic for generously sponsoring me, but more importantly for his words of encouragement and general positivity. You rock, buddy.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

The shadows look like a ponytailed gal…uh…servicing someone who stands mouth agape.

/my Rorschach tests are always….interesting.

I see it too!

Your Rorshach test couldn’t have been as awkward as mine: the doc said, “Next session we’ll try some Rorschach tests”. So to prepare, I threw on my trenchcoat, mask and fedora–hit the streets until I came upon a group of thugs engaged in a crime, and then killed them all in a gritty battle where I nearly lost my life.

Man, was my face red the next session when she whipped out those inkblot cards …

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats zero on your first win! Been a long time coming. And congrats U-Man on another combined win.

For those who might’ve missed it last week, the weekly reports have been moved online. See this post for more details.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

A few milestones this week: This contest was the 200th for Curious, the 250th for U-Man, and the 300th for sleeping.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘05-02-12 – Wow! Nice Wood!’ is closed to new replies.