05-07-08 – Abandoned Things

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-07-08 – Abandoned Things

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    XenPix
    Participant

How do you know it’s a vehicle?
    It looks like one!
    It turned me into a newt! I got better though.

A friend told me “newt” is British slang for gay. Whether or not it’s true, it makes the scene so much better. From another source I heard “shrubbery” is slang for prostitute…teehee.

A nice shrubbery! Not too expensive though…

I don’t think your friend is quite right in the head department. I’ve never heard either expression, and these construction lads I work with would be sure to at least use shrubbery. I have learnt some other very interesting coloquialisms though.

lokisbong
    Participant

I would like an opinion on this. I would say it was a toy not a vehicle?

I can find other stuff if this doesn’t fit the theme.

FutherMucker
    Participant

For sure, that is a vehicle…The custom racing stripes confirm it. 8)

caradoc
    Participant

Items that have been left to be reclaimed by nature. Difficulty: no buildings or vehicles.

Clarification, please – are things like old paddocks, corrals, etc. considered “buildings” or not?

U-Man
    Participant

Items that have been left to be reclaimed by nature. Difficulty: no buildings or vehicles.

Clarification, please – are things like old paddocks, corrals, etc. considered “buildings” or not?

Why would you think that padlocks and corals are buildings?

/seriously. My input (worth little) is that those two are OK.

caradoc
    Participant

Just checking, really – paddocks and corrals consist of many of the same materials as a “building,” and in some cases still include a roof to go with the vertical posts, horizontal rails, et cetera.

U-Man
    Participant

Just checking, really – paddocks and corrals consist of many of the same materials as a “building,” and in some cases still include a roof to go with the vertical posts, horizontal rails, et cetera.

Aw man. I hate it when I have to explain the joke. That means it sucked.

padLOCKS and corals (with one “L”).

nobigdeal
    Participant

I can find other stuff if this doesn’t fit the theme.

I don’t see a problem with that. Same goes for paddocks, corrals, old roads, fences,etc.

lokisbong
    Participant

Far out man. I like this picture.probably wont get any votes but if I don’t get any way more cool pix this is one of the three I have so far.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t see a problem with that. Same goes for paddocks, corrals, old roads, fences,etc.

Thanks for the clarification!

corsec67
    Participant

What about rail-road ties? It isn’t the vehicle, it is more like the road, I guess.

And then what if I can’t tell what the old sheet metal came from? I live near an old gold-mine, so there is a ton of random metal stuff laying around.

I was going to use this winch, but I think I have better:
    flickr page

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Those sound ok to me, and the winch looks fine. NoBigDeal can further clarify if this isn’t the case.

RACETRAITOR
    Participant

Now I would assume a toy isn’t a vehicle, provided it doesn’t have room for a kid on it.

Okay, I’ve got two tougher questions:

-are amusement park rides vehicles? It may look like a ship, but it just spins around on a central axis like a giant swing. And what about a roller coaster? It has wheels and it goes on a track, but it really doesn’t take you anywhere. I concede that bumper cars are probably vehicles, but merry-go-rounds are not.

-what about shopping carts? I don’t believe they’re vehicles, but what if I post a picture of my abandoned shopping cart collection?

headfreckle
    Participant

Are the remains of a ruined bridge considered a “building”?

nutkick_42
    Participant

A bridge is a structure, but unless you’re homeless I wouldn’t consider it a building. Then again, it’s not my theme…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘05-07-08 – Abandoned Things’ is closed to new replies.