05-14-08 – Happy Farktography Anniversary III

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-14-08 – Happy Farktography Anniversary III

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    nutkick_42
    Participant

I’m going with pictures that I liked that didn’t do very well in their original contests.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

What criteria are you guys using for this contest? your highest vote getters? contest winners? favorite photos? or something you have not entered?

I am using my three favorite photos from the past year. Not all of them did particularly well. I may use one I never even entered in a contest, because I like it.

/just curious

I thought I had this one figured out, but this comment (and a couple others) lead me to believe that, once again, I’m missing something. 🙂 Nothing new there, but at least I’ve got a chance to clarify before posting this time.

I thought the restriction was that you could only submit images that were submitted to previous contests. But it sounds like people are considering photos intended for contests that weren’t used in the end. Can someone clarify for me?

Thanks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You can submit photos that have been entered in the past year, though it is not required that they be repeats, with the exception of HDR, stitched, or text-added stuff (those must be repeats from the HDR, Stitches, or Holiday Card themes). A lot of times we have people who haven’t been doing Farktography very long, and they might not have a large portfolio to draw from, so we opened it up a bit.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm I just noticed that our last Stitching contest was in April of ’07, so photos from that theme won’t be eligible tonight. Adjusting the description in light of that…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

For you guys who jumped the gun before the Boobies were posted, be sure to re-post. You may need to change wording or something; I think Fark prevents you from reposting an exact duplicate of another post you’ve made.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Elsinore, they removed the disable hmtl button. I figured it would be better to post without the links then delay everything.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh weird…I hadn’t noticed that. I’m not following how it’s a problem, though? I’m kinda distracted tonight, though. Just glad you got it up there, no biggie about being a few minutes behind.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I had it posted in the scratchpad, as it would appear in the thread. to get the tags and links to show up, I disable html so I can cut and paste. Tonight I could not do that, I could only copy as it appeared, without the needed , etc.

SilverStag
    Participant

I hope schnee turned off the Scarlet Letter tonight in the FSM 🙂

corsec67
    Participant

Wow, this is like a “Farktography Hall of Awesomeness”.

Amazing work, everyone!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I had it posted in the scratchpad, as it would appear in the thread. to get the tags and links to show up, I disable html so I can cut and paste. Tonight I could not do that, I could only copy as it appeared, without the needed , etc.

Ohhhhhh gotcha.

doyner
    Participant

Have I missed something? I can’t see overall voting results on Fark, only my own.

doyner
    Participant

Have I missed something? I can’t see overall voting results on Fark, only my own.

Never mind. Apparently I was the first voter…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I hope schnee turned off the Scarlet Letter tonight in the FSM 🙂

lol no doubt!

jpatten
    Participant

well I posted a repeat, one I now think I should have used … and a favorite that hadn’t yet fit a theme

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘05-14-08 – Happy Farktography Anniversary III’ is closed to new replies.