08-29-07 – Gardens

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-29-07 – Gardens

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph gardens. Note: A single flower or vegetable does not count as a garden.

sleeping
    Participant

Difficulty: A flower close-up is not a garden?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s a good idea, actually. Or one flower does not a garden make. Staplermofo was the one who suggested this one–what do you think ‘mofo?

staplermofo
    Participant

A single flower is not a garden unless you are a really horrible gardener.
    I’d say it’s only acceptable if you document the dead flowers that would have made it a garden.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Alrighty, I’ll add it to the description.

Uranus
    Participant

ha-ha ! what a coinkydink….was walking back from the city racing in rotterdam yesterday, and stumbled upon some streetside shrubbery that would qualify….as i had the camera with me for the F1 cars, i proceeded to snap away…..

either god is watching me, or the devil takes care of his own 😆

Snug Tight
    Participant

We have more than doubled the size of our garden in the last 2 years. The hard part is going to be narrowing it down to 3. Also, my wife has 2 flower gardens. This should be a good one.

Curious
    Participant

how about a large garden like the ones at Versailles or the local ones that surround the museum or whatever. in other words it doesn’t have to be yard sized.

staplermofo
    Participant

how about a large garden like the ones at Versailles or the local ones that surround the museum or whatever. in other words it doesn’t have to be yard sized.

I support this. My support has nothing to do with the stupid farking squirrels that chewed up my farking sunflowers, tomatoes or the stupid farking kid that mashed my farking hostas with a freaking basketball EVEN THOUGH THERE’S NO FARKING BASKETBALL HOOP ANYWHERE NEAR THEM!

Uranus
    Participant

I support this. My support has nothing to do with the stupid farking squirrels that chewed up my farking sunflowers, tomatoes or the stupid farking kid that mashed my farking hostas with a freaking basketball EVEN THOUGH THERE’S NO FARKING BASKETBALL HOOP ANYWHERE NEAR THEM!

were you bending over the flowerbed at the time, perchance?

Curious
    Participant

that’s why i have a dog.

SilverStag
    Participant

Gee, that’s certainly a vicious-looking creature 🙂

XenPix
    Participant

Bet that little fellow can do some nasty damage to your ankles! 😉

I only have pictures of places like botanic gardens, so I’m hoping they will be included.

SilverStag
    Participant

My reading is that almost anything that’s multiple plants in the ground would be included. I’m going to shoot some Hosta beds along the Indy canal walk.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I would think any photo actually taken in a garden, and of a garden related theme should qualify. A flower or vegetable in context would be appropriate, in my opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘08-29-07 – Gardens’ is closed to new replies.