08-29-07 – Gardens

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-29-07 – Gardens

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    XenPix
    Participant

I don’t want to sound mean or anything, but that seems to be along the lines of “a single flower”. It’s a single point of focus, not a garden.

Mind you, my opinion is not that of a moderator or creator of theme, so I just offer it as my opinion.

sleeping
    Participant

I need a ruling on this one. Does this one work for the garden theme? I think it is more butterfly then garden, but my wife thinks it should be ok.

When I suggested the difficulty I was trying to exclude images that didn’t give any sense of a wider context (i.e. that could have been made *without* a garden), so yours would be Ok, but this sort of thing would not:

Curious
    Participant

well that widens the choices somewhat. i’ve got one that is really more a park that a garden but it does have landscaping and various plants in it. and i’d be willing to bet no one else will have one of that particular place although i could be wrong.

Uranus
    Participant

i get the feeling that this one will go all over the shop where interpretation is concerned….as ever the voters will go for what wows them, as opposed to what is strictly within the guidelines. As long as i see effort being made wrt the feel of the theme, i still vote for mildly off-topic shots.

This week i shall have a shot of a (hopefully) unique garden , which pleases me immensely – to the degree that the voting matters less than if people see it. (all i have to do is be on time to submit, as the work schedule has gone all weird again.)

Snug Tight
    Participant

Thanks for the input. I think I will try again tommorow to get one that is more “gardeny”. We have had hummingbird that visits the same flowers, but damn those things move around a lot.

Curious
    Participant

well i have my one park shot and one semi garden. couldn’t find the botanical gardens today in city park so that’s out and there’s nothing else in the archives that really fits. which is a bit sad given the umpteen hundreds of flower shots.

swampa
    Participant
    boringolddoug
    Participant

Have fun everybody. I’m not playing tonight. Gonna sit it out and watch cause I only took a couple of so-so shots and haven’t processed the film. Oh well. At least you are all so entertaining I doubt I’ll be missing much.

millera9
    Participant

This contest has made me realize that I need to cut out the macro shit and learn to compose a real picture. I’ve spent so much time with my camera in gardens and yet I have very few overall shots. Everything’s a close-up!

Note to mods: I have three shots in the thread which are all questionable. Feel free to yank any of them, I will not take offense, nor will I be screwed over. I have other stuff I can upload and throw in there, I just have to find it. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, all your shots have more than a single flower in them, so they at least fit the letter of the description. Only one that I don’t get much sense of garden from is the white peace lilies shot, but it does conform to the description.

Klahanie
    Participant

This contest has made me realize that I need to cut out the macro shit and learn to compose a real picture. I’ve spent so much time with my camera in gardens and yet I have very few overall shots. Everything’s a close-up!

I heard that. Today when I took my shots I had to really force myself to step back.

staplermofo
    Participant

640 pixels wide is not friendly to non-macro shots.

SilverStag
    Participant

no kidding, mofo.

XenPix
    Participant

Not to mention that shrinking them even to just under 100kb took mine to 65% quality. They looked shocking 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘08-29-07 – Gardens’ is closed to new replies.