08-29-12 – Gone, Daddy, Gone

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-29-12 – Gone, Daddy, Gone

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Depends on one’s talents how much would vanish, I would think. ;o)

Bazinga! Haven’t seen the canyon shot yet but it’s more than likely a good one, judging on your past performances.

Barracuda and Bender, if those are your B’s, the A’s must be really cool! I’ll see in 1/2 hour when I post.

It’s the slot canyon; it’s the first one I posted. Now to see if anyone’s voting for it (I forgot to check my last work break.)

ravnostic
    Participant

Some Scarlet R’s, and would someone please tell Rufus Lee King that it’s a contest, not a friggin gallery? He didn’t vote enable, but they would only under the loosest of possible definitions fit the theme (mostly) and he put up like 8-10 pictures.

Barracuda
    Participant

I kinda got distracted and almost forgot today was Wednesday.

Ditto, that’s why I have a recurring calendar reminder setup on the phone to go off quarter till 7 each Wed. evening.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The Scarlet R’s and extra photos are gone, daddy, gone.

bender16v
    Participant

The Scarlet R’s and extra photos are gone, daddy, gone.

For some reason I heard the xylophone in my head and kind of sang your post to myself.
    One last B that I took last week specifically for this contest.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Every time I say that phrase (and I say it with some regularity), the xylophone plays in my head too 😆

ennuipoet
    Participant

Every time I say that phrase (and I say it with some regularity), the xylophone plays in my head too 😆

You know what’s weird? That song has been playing in my head since this theme was hoppered, but I could not remember whether it was a real song (which it obviously is) or just some strange melody in my head.

Admittedly, the 80’s is something of a alcohol fumed haze to me, but one would think I would remember if something is the real life or is it just fantasy…caught in a landslide, no escape from reality…

millera9
    Participant

Gardamgit who let millera9 back in these contest? 😉

*shrug* I am totally flabbergasted by the results so far, Kes. I threw that shot in there because I didn’t have anything else; I even titled it “Obligatory” on flickr because it was so cliched.

As always the voters and their votes cannot be explained.

emiliogtz
    Participant

(gee, I posted in the wrong thread…)

RL got in my way again, was not able to shoot what I had in mind for this contest, so I had to resort to the archives.

A lot of great entries this week, cool theme.

A couple of bees:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliogt/5655948633/in/photostream/lightbox/
    http://caramelofoto.smugmug.com/Photography/e-teratipics/12411253_XXcVrZ#!i=2055345824&k=mbPppnQ&lb=1&s=XL

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Thanks Els! Lots of entries for this one. Good stuff.

Bender, I was thinking of entering a train bridge as a third entry:

Rusty Cage by Exponential Photography, on Flickr

… I’m glad I decided against it, cuz your bridge is definitely nicer; not to mention more “vanishing pointy” 🙂

bender16v
    Participant

Thanks Zero Exponent, I really liked your hallway and voted for it in my first round of going through the contest this morning.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to millera9 this week!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to millera9 this week!

Ditto for the individual win, and to U-Man for the combined win.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • The topic ‘08-29-12 – Gone, Daddy, Gone’ is closed to new replies.