09-05-07 – Invitation to the Dance

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-05-07 – Invitation to the Dance

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    QuickSilver
    Participant

It’s not really about photography,
    It’s not really about Photography.
    You don’t even have to know how to focus,
    The secret is to shoot every thing either out of focus or in Infrared or maybe both!
    I’m Done! It was really infuriating. Enjoy

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Inhale…..exhale….inhale….exhale. It’s just a game, no?

KarolA
    Participant

The second one is gone. I’m guessing she meant to post a different link for the second one.

Yes, yes I did mean to post a second, different picture. Sorry ’bout that folks – apparently I was too bleary-eyed to be near a computer last night. Voted for myself (to make sure they show on the stats – I’m a nerd that way) for the repeat too!

I’m feeling quite proud of my farktography-double-poster-dip-shit-of-the-week award I just gave myself.

😳

Elsinore
    Keymaster

😆 Aww s’no biggie, it’s kinda funny, actually 😉 I loved both those pictures (and the ones from psychofarm of the same group). Looks like an interesting group. Btw, glad to see you around more in the last several weeks!

KarolA
    Participant

Thanks Elsinore. I got out of the habit for a while there, but you lured me back with your boats contest. And even when I don’t post, I’m ususally lurking around looking at the fabulous stuff that gets posted.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks Elsinore. I got out of the habit for a while there, but you lured me back with your boats contest.

Actually you can thank Quick Silver for that one; it was his suggestion 😉

KarolA
    Participant

Thank you Quick Silver.

swampa
    Participant

it’s about the farktography!
    Cliches and fads vote highly*,
    technical merit is less important.
    That is the way of the mob,
    and the farktography gods!
    So take a breath,
    submit your photos,
    and just have fun#.

/not complaining, just having fun 🙂 (its either this or work!)

* I know I do this from time to time 😛
    # or complain, whatever works 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

btw, swampa, how did you do your YMCA multiple exposure shot, long exposure with flash?

/totally voted for that puppy

swampa
    Participant

The D200 has a multiple exposure setting on it so I thought I would have a play with that (it has an image merger as well but I figured that would be illegal under the rules as you can set different images at different strengths instead of all the images having the same strength with multiple exposures).

It was just 4 shots shot one after the other (had the self-timer set at 20 seconds so I could trigger the camera and get to my mark without having to worry).

The first couple were interesting with my right arm of the M going through the torso of Y but I eventually figured out the marks I needed to avoid hitting myself.

Another attempt using different Muse tops (but I didn’t like it as much thanks to the sleeves on Y)

I remembered Schnee doing something like this for Self Portraits so I thought I would give it a bash 🙂 (and my only other idea was a DDR machine that Staplermofo did much better than I would have!)

Oh anyone trying this with a Nikon – be careful not to leave the camera idle for more than 30 seconds, it will end the multiple exposure on you! It made changing shirts much more fun!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ahhh thanks for the explanation! I didn’t realize the D200 could do more than 2 multiple exposures like that. The changed shirts one certainly adds something, but I see what you mean about the long sleeve shirt. Good jorb!

swampa
    Participant

Yeah, apparently it can do up to 10 exposures as one pic now (that might come in handy for hands 😛 Although I want to try the multi-flash thing you did in self portraits too – so many styles to steal, so little time :P)

SilverStag
    Participant

Darn, I didn’t know a D200 could do that. I might have to put off a couple of lens purchases and pick one of those up.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

As far as I know, the D200 (and I’m guessing the D300 continues the tradition) is the only digital camera with multiple exposure capability. Diggin did a double exposure for the Forks contest and it turned out nicely. Faking it with stroboscopic flash is the only way I can accomplish it with my Canon 30D 😆

schnee
    Participant

RE: multiple exposures

Back when I was researching for self-portraits, I came across this flickr thread. Interesting.

BTW, nice jorb swampa

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘09-05-07 – Invitation to the Dance’ is closed to new replies.