09-17-08 – Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-17-08 – Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wheeee! hehe 😉

Contest linky: http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3880256

dauber
    Participant

Can someone enable voting one my first entey? Thought I clicked the button, but…

SilverStag
    Participant

I was a little late to the party, and only had one shot this week. I have 22,000 RAW files, and exactly ONE photograph of a tiger……

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Can someone enable voting one my first entey? Thought I clicked the button, but…

Got it

U-Man
    Participant

Here’s one I found but decided not to enter. It is what it is – a cute, poorly lit snapshot.

andyofne
    Participant

Here’s one I found but decided not to enter. It is what it is – a cute, poorly lit snapshot.

Is that from the airport in Alaska?

U-Man
    Participant

Alas, no. It is from a museum in Chicago.

/they’ve only got the one airport?

soosh
    Participant

We’ve got a bunch of airports!

And I imagine they all have an attacking bear of some sort for photos just like that.

corsec67
    Participant

Sweet, maybe I will finally get a second place.

andyofne
    Participant

Alas, no. It is from a museum in Chicago.

/they’ve only got the one airport?

I dunno how many they have.

Back in the 80s I traveled through Alaska four times. Going to and from the Philippines and then, a few years later, Japan.

Each time, we spent a few hours at the airport there and they had a giant polar bear like that. It was pretty cool.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Great pictures everyone. I’dve loved to participate but 13 hour days at school don’t leave much time for photography.

U-Man
    Participant

Great pictures everyone. I’dve loved to participate but 13 hour days at school don’t leave much time for photography.

Not to bum you out or anything, but in many ways school was the easy part. 🙂

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Not to bum you out or anything, but in many ways school was the easy part. 🙂

You know, I’ve heard that several times over the last couple years and I (still) refuse to really contemplate that idea because I cannot see any possible benefits that might result from that line of thought.

Which is really just a verbose way of saying that I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. In the mean time, I will continue to live in the library and bust my ass studying so that I can (hopefully) transfer into my first-choice university.

staplermofo
    Participant

You know, I’ve heard that several times over the last couple years and I (still) refuse to really contemplate that idea because I cannot see any possible benefits that might result from that line of thought.

There is only one benefit, but it is huge.
    College is your chance to do all the stuff you want memories of doing, but don’t want people thinking you’ll do ever again.
    You can do almost anything without lasting damage to your post-graduation reputation.

For example:
    I turned purell into a more or less drinkable liquor. (scary alcoholic)
    vs
    I turned purell into a more or less drinkable liquor when I was in college. (lovable scamp)

FutherMucker
    Participant

College is your chance to do all the stuff you want memories of doing, but don’t want people thinking you’ll do ever again.
    You can do almost anything without lasting damage to your post-graduation reputation.

THIS !!!!

/Amen

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • The topic ‘09-17-08 – Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My!’ is closed to new replies.