09-26-07 – Everything’s a Dollar/Pound/Euro/Etc

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-26-07 – Everything’s a Dollar/Pound/Euro/Etc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Go to the dollar (or similar discount) store and buy a subject for this contest. Photograph it. Have fun!

corsec67
    Participant

Is this limited to just 1 item, 1 item per picture, or as much as we want/can afford?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, this was SilverStag‘s theme suggestion; what say you? At the very least, I’d think one item per picture was fair.

SilverStag
    Participant

My idea/intent was that the main subject of the photo be from the dollar store: anything else in the photo could be fair game. i.e. If you bought, say, a red parasol at the Dollar tree, and decided that it would look good arranged with some other colored parasols, (that might or might not have come from the dollar store) that’s fair game because the only thing I said was ‘buy a subject’ I didn’t specify what accessories, etc. Just that a(the) main subject in the photo come from the dollar store.

XenPix
    Participant

I think the question is more how many subjects from the store per picture / theme.

So for example. Can I go in and buy three things, take a picture of each with whatever accessories I wish and submit those, or do I have to buy one thing, accessorize as required and then photograph it three times (with same or different accessories, depending on my artistic flare of the day).

SilverStag
    Participant

I think 3 different things is fine for 3 different shots, but I’d not presume to tell you your total shooting budget 🙂

millera9
    Participant

You know, I just realized that I’m going to be in Cancun, Mexico for this contest (yes, it’s a work trip). I wonder what I’m going to find for a peso on the street?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

A taco?

SilverStag
    Participant

LOL, Elsinore, and damn it millera9, I’d like to be in Cancun too!

U-Man
    Participant

Hey guys (and gals), I know this is not the right spot for this question but I figured it would be noticed here.

Every once in a while, I’ll have an idea for a theme. I then look for a place to share it, can’t figure it out and then forget what my idea was. Where could I post suggestions?

By the way, I just dropped $20 at the Dollar General and got…20 things. It was a pretty safe investment because almost everything came from the toy section. If they don’t end up on farktography the kids will enjoy them.

Another thing. Thanks to whoever started this farktography thing and thanks to the moderators for keeping it going. With life going a million miles an hour it is all too easy to leave the camera in the bag. Farktography gets me behind a lens and helps me notice the beautiful things in this world.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

U-Man: There’s a theme board here specifically for theme suggestions–drop some by there; we could use some fresh ideas!

U-Man
    Participant

Elsinore,

Oh yeah. That whole category that says THEMES. It just poked me in the eye.

Feels dumb. Goes back to work….

Claff
    Participant

Another thing. Thanks to whoever started this farktography thing and thanks to the moderators for keeping it going. With life going a million miles an hour it is all too easy to leave the camera in the bag. Farktography gets me behind a lens and helps me notice the beautiful things in this world.

THIS

(actually I hate when people just say “This” or, worse, “THIS”, but this (sorry) time I think it’s appropriate.)

schnee
    Participant

Thanks to whoever started this farktography thing and thanks to the moderators for keeping it going… Farktography gets me behind a lens and helps me notice the beautiful things in this world.

That sort of feels backwards – thank you for noticing the beautiful.

soosh
    Participant

Hey, where’s the thread where we apologize for being an ass last week and blame it on recent surgery/painkillers for making us all sorts of out of whack?

Cause I could use that place.

Apologies, y’all. I was out of line.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘09-26-07 – Everything’s a Dollar/Pound/Euro/Etc’ is closed to new replies.