09-26-07 – Everything’s a Dollar/Pound/Euro/Etc

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-26-07 – Everything’s a Dollar/Pound/Euro/Etc

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    zeke
    Participant
    SilverStag
    Participant

This is gonna be a fun contest^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H exhibition.

schnee
    Participant

This is gonna be a fun contest^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H exhibition.

😆

bobroberts
    Participant

Hilarious entries this week. I’m getting a big kick out of the fact that I actually recognize a lot of the items from the Dollar General where I bought my items. Like those eraser tip thingies Schnee used — I actually had those in-hand and was considering buying them.

SilverStag
    Participant

No wagering, Please![/i]

soosh
    Participant

I had a lot of fun with this week’s contest. My shopping list included:

# 12 piece hose clamps
    # 3 piece c-clamps
    # cowboys and indians playset
    # 2 piece mini-pliers
    # jute cord
    # plastic toy goat
    # generic holy bible
    # bag of good ‘n’ plentys
    # 150 pack of bamboo skewers
    # fashion doll in metallic outfit
    # fashion doll in go-go boots

had hoped to work the cowboys and indians in, and to make a ball gag out of one of the good ‘n’ plentys.

more than anything, i was grateful to have an office door i could close so i could take the photos at lunch today.

swampa
    Participant

No wagering, Please!

Awww but I like a bet. I even had a tote board set up here giving odds to workmates! 😛

bobroberts
    Participant

more than anything, i was grateful to have an office door i could close so i could take the photos at lunch today.

Haha…props for actually setting those shots up at work!

millera9
    Participant

Hi all! Awesome thread this week! I laughed pretty hard. 🙂

soosh no worries about last week. We appreciate the apology and we also appreciate the constructive criticism and the help in hammering out this process. Glad to see you back this week!

Laptop’s dying, see ya’all over the weekend!

schnee
    Participant

…stuff…

How did you think up thumbtack sushi? That is so non-linear. My brain cannot get from A to B. Genius.

bobroberts
    Participant

…stuff…

How did you think up thumbtack sushi? That is so non-linear. My brain cannot get from A to B. Genius.

I’ve been going through a sushi phase lately ever since finding a great place here to buy sushi-grade fish. (I’m finally learning how to make it at home.) I’d seen the thumb tacks at the dollar store but bought the dog food instead for the “Dog food and Geritol” pic.

I’d been thinking about making dog food sushi for my second entry, but opted for the thumb tacks instead because they were a little easier to work with and didn’t stink so badly. The roll was a pain to make, though — I made a basic cucumber roll, pulled the cucumber pieces out with tweezers (being careful to retain the original form) and then stuffed them with the tacks.

SilverStag
    Participant

heh I did mine at work, as well…. just shut offf all the lights and worked by the light of the computer monitor. Course, I can get away with that ’cause I work the night shift all by my lonesome 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

I’m passing out cigars in the pub, btw 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

I’m loving the images in this week’s contest. Kudos, looks like everyone approached it in the spirit it was intended!

Sclark, Elsinore, well done! I was going to do both the lighted koosh balls and the slinky, but decided to go another direction. I bought both of them, but they ended up in the grandkids’ toybox.

schnee
    Participant

soosh – clever use of hose clamps.
    corsec67 – schnee 1.0 (6 yr old boy) loves your 3/3
    Marley – good advise about the ‘biners
    Mrs U-Man – holy crap! I didn’t notice my cert until RIGHT NOW. Thanks! You got my vote!

This is a fun contest.

/yeah, I said it – “contest”…
    //other people got my vote as well

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘09-26-07 – Everything’s a Dollar/Pound/Euro/Etc’ is closed to new replies.