1-10-07 – Holga/Lomo

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 1-10-07 – Holga/Lomo

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

This article will post to the Main page on Thu, 11 Jan 2007 at 6:15 AM

Farkback as well as email to the classified ad person sent (as per Drew’s suggestion in case he misses the Farkback).

Octalthorpe
    Participant

Posted my entry; my first for farktography. In general, I welcome any critique, but I guess it’s kind of strange to ask for it in a contest that’s intentionally lo-fi.

This forum software hates me.
    URL:
    http://quijibo.vpsland.com/~pdbogen/img/Rust%20(holga).jpeg

My entry, if you’d like to see it, and don’t want to sift through the thread.

veruca
    Participant

thanks for farkbacking E. looks like it got quite the nice bump up!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Phew…that’s the first out of like 5 of them that actually worked!

Curious
    Participant

just looked at the contest. this contest didn’t really strike a cord in me and RL got in the way as well but having seen the results i’m quite impressed. lots of interesting photos plus i learned something. a win win.

thanks to those who suggested the theme and promoted the contest.

Diggin
    Participant

This is a great contest but it looks like many are not voting. I expected a larger turn out but who knows, it’s still early.

Something I’ve learned from the entries is many people have no clue what a Holga/Lomo photo looks like. I often wonder what characteristics/criteria people look for when voting. I don’t think the Holga/Lomo effect matters.

Curious
    Participant

I often wonder what characteristics/criteria people look for when voting.

what he said.

and not just this week.

monkeybort
    Participant

what he said.

and not just this week.

QFT.

😛

millera9
    Participant

Looks like the douch-nozzle buzz-kills are out in force this week. I have a new idea; let’s just submit our most popular photo every week, regardless of the theme. That way, no one will be exposed to anything new and it will be really easy to digest. Hell we could all delete photoshop/gimp from our computers and sell our cameras! Think of the time and money we would all save!!!!1!!111!

/No lo-fi staplers this week?

monkeybort
    Participant

haha miller – i agree! let’s not ever try anything new or experimental! i’m going stop being creative entirely! mr. douchenozzle has really turned me around!!!eleventy!!1!!

😛

Diggin
    Participant

Once I read the negativity in his post I just skipped his and everyone else who responded. Maybe I take these pro-bono contests too serious.

anneb
    Participant

Looks like the douch-nozzle buzz-kills are out in force this week. I have a new idea; let’s just submit our most popular photo every week, regardless of the theme.

That’s a great idea! I’ll put it up again next week!
    So… before people vote, how will I know they’re popular?
    I’ll have to put the same picture up, week after week.
    but, then I’ll have to take them all down, for being duplicates!
    So my photo will not be popular, after all!
    Then I can put it up, in defiance of the status quo!
    And everyone will ignore my photos, and I shall have to give up my current life, go off, wear black, and write bad poetry.

Mods: Dagnabbit, I DESPARATELY need a “head explodes” smiley!!!!

😈

(One day, when I’m great and garner zillions of votes, I will have all the confidence in the world, and can ignore those sorts of comments. ‘Till then…. I had better just ignore them, or I’ll get depressed, and won’t keep trying to get to the pinnacle 😉 )

veruca
    Participant

after aaaall these contests i should know the drill by now, and when someone makes a comment which lights the veruca fire i should just get up for a moment and take a walk instead of just firing away 😛

it’s possible, perhaps, that i take things a wee bit more personally because of my level of involvement with this “project”. at any rate i do apologize for my piece of negativity and i am thankful for those of you who expressed that you had fun/learned something while preparing for this week’s contest.

i also meant to say in the thread but i admire your tact schnee and the way you explained how things worked instead of firing away. i would like to subscribe to your newsletter 🙂

veruca
    Participant

what he said.

and not just this week.

QFT.

😛

can i get an amen?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

i also meant to say in the thread but i admire your tact schnee and the way you explained how things worked instead of firing away. i would like to subscribe to your newsletter 🙂

Your response was definitely classy, schnee. To quote veruca from the thread, “I bow to the Buddha in you.”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • The topic ‘1-10-07 – Holga/Lomo’ is closed to new replies.