1-31-07 – Difficult subjects

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 1-31-07 – Difficult subjects

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me participate. It was a lot of fun and it was nice to see that the photo was appreciated.

CBC

Welcome aboard–hope to see more of you ’round these parts 🙂

Curious
    Participant

thanks millera9 they were taken Oct 1st across the street. was out shooting flowers and there they were. there are 112 frames in that set. so that’s like 2 divided by 112 = ? percent. whatever it’s about par for the good from taken ratio.

but i’m sure you know all about that because your shots show the same enjoyment of photography. and a better eye than i have now.

millera9
    Participant

Don’t sell yourself short dude! If you can hang with the farktography crowd (and your FSM profile proves that you more than hold your own just about every week) then you must be doing something right.

I’m usuallly pretty happy if 5% of the photos I take fit my standards for being “good”. Mind you, not everyone would agree with those standards. Some might even call them “tasteless snapshots”…

Also, welcome CBC, always good to see new people around here!

Curious
    Participant

Some might even call them “tasteless snapshots”…

can’t speak for you but i got lazy there for a while, especially with digital, and my eye went south. it was just too easy to fill the card and use something from it later. i’m trying to get back into actually thinking before i squeeze the trigger. maybe that’s the wrong shooting analogy. visualize the image before pushing the shutter.

oh BTW don’t keep harping on “critically sharp” if you want your friends to go on talking to you about their photos. or yours.

film is a harsh mistress

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘1-31-07 – Difficult subjects’ is closed to new replies.